Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheap SAT NAV

edited September 2008 in Not Sports Related
£54.99 CHEAP AS CHIPS GOT SOME GOOD REVIEWS AS WELL

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/146672/show_product_reviews

Comments

• Options
    Learn your Knowledge properly young man, Sat Nav is cheating & you know it :-)
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    LOL

Not for me donut got for the wife - she's murder on directions

I have bought one - going to dorset, eastbourne soon so will be ideal for that. Won't use it locally
  • Options
    nice one was looking at a new one time you buy all teh updates cheaper to get a new one
  • Options
    does it have Euro maps?
  • Options
    much rather use a map, they are pretty easy you know and can pick one up for as little as 1.99 in some service stations.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]does it have Euro maps?

erm dunno - but sure you can add them
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]much rather use a map, they are pretty easy you know and can pick one up for as little as 1.99 in some service stations.

every one to their own
  • Options
    I've got one. If you've visiting an area and have the post code they are really the nuts. If it's an area I don't know I always look at the map as well. I once made the mistake of not looking at my map before I set out for the Vendee in France. I stayed the night in Caen and after an hour or so's guidance by Sat Nav it told me to turn right at a roundabout where the wasn't a right junction! Turned out it was taking me onto a road which was still under construction! I blame the French for trying to confuse Les Rostbiffs...;O)
  • Options
    being in logistics i HATE sat nav so many lazy so called lorry drivers are just ordinary folk who think that sat nav is the answer buy a fecking map and use the grey lump between your ears. i had a fella come back to work without completing his work because FECKING sat nav couldnt find holloway road ffs
  • Options
    trying to read a map while driving is just downright dangerous. So yes they are good inventions.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    you dont read it whilst driving though curb it you plan your route before you go, they are only good on journeys up and down motor ways imo for those who fail to plan before they go, they are cack in built up areas and those that do have a decent one fail to keep uploading the newest maps availble and in our great city where one way streets can change over night cause more issues than those that use their eyes and savy to get about, what did people do before the sat nav.

sorry but these things drive me mad
  • Options
    Wish I'd taken mine with me last night when I was walking round the dodgy housing estates of Doncaster!
  • Options
    They're useful but always look at a map too. Near where I live there is a signpost which says "Foot Ferry ONLY (Sat-Nav Error)".
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]being in logistics i HATE sat nav so many lazy so called lorry drivers are just ordinary folk who think that sat nav is the answer buy a fecking map and use the grey lump between your ears. i had a fella come back to work without completing his work because FECKING sat nav couldnt find holloway road ffs

.oops, wrong thread
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Learn your Knowledge properly young man, Sat Nav is cheating & you know it :-)

You doing the 'K' ledge?

How's it going? Thinking of giving it a go myself.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Learn your Knowledge properly young man, Sat Nav is cheating & you know it :-)

You doing the 'K' ledge?

How's it going? Thinking of giving it a go myself.

yes I am been on it 3 years now and the end is in sight hopefully 4/5 months left. Hard hard work but rewarding at the end of it.