Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How would we survive....

edited September 2008 in Not Sports Related
without mobile telecommunication systems.

I have left my mobile telecommunication system at home today and feel as lost as Kevin Lisbie infront of goal!

It is a bad situation to be in! I am craving the use of internet on it i.e my email which is so kindly blocked by securenet on my work computure.

Talking of Lisbie we should re-sign him in january if we are mid table.

Comments

• Options
    It does amaze me how reliant people get on their mobile. Perhaps there should be a national "no mobile" day just to remind us what it was like.

Lisbie, no. He needed the move to kick start his career. Good luck to him but I don't think it would work if he came back.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I think there are similarities between Lisbie and Varney as players.

For some reason Varney is popular though whereas Lisbie was not.

Edit: This observation is not a veiled criticism of Varney, a player I admire for his endeavour which is reminiscent of Garry Nelson, whom i think will come good.
  • Options
    I liked Lisbie but he scored about 17 goals in 8 seasons, which says enough.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I think there are similarities between Lisbie and Varney as players.

For some reason Varney is popular though whereas Lisbie was not.

Edit: This observation is not a veiled criticism of Varney, a player I admire for his endeavour which is reminiscent of Garry Nelson, whom i think will come good.[/quote]

I think tha main differences are the length of service (Varney 1 season, Lisbie 10 years) and the perceived attitude of the player themselves. Lisbie came across as lazy and arrogant which isn't something that can be said of Varney on his current performances, as you acknowledge.
  • Options
    tis true!
  • Options
    why oh why did you have to mention Lisbie Dazzler?!

Here we go again...
  • Options
    Lisbie...lazy and arrogant...where does that come from?
    I'm no Lisbie fan and thought he should have made tracks from us years back but to describe him as either of those things is way wide of the mark....he's evidently very good around the dressing room and training ground and is a popular individual....which was possibly one of the reasons he lasted so long with us... but lazy and arrogant....no way!
  • Options
    nowt wrong with nelse fecking favorite of mine if you put the effort in you will always get plaudits as for lisbie it was more remenisant of leaburn loved by few hated by many
  • Options
    Whether he was or he wasn't is largly irrelevent to what the fans perception of him was, you will note I said he was perceived to be lazy and arrogant. I didn't say he was.

lazy speaks for itself. maybe it was his laid back style but I can remember many an occassion where he just simply didn't bother to chase things down. Fine if you have a scoreing record like Darren Bent, unfortunetly he didn't.

Arrogant, perhaps turning down Super Clive when he offered to work on his finishing with him, saying that he didn't need it or making comments in the paper about how you would like to play for Arsenal shortly before giving Sol Campbell he's easiest afternoon's work didn't endear him with the fans.

Personally I just didn't think that he was good enough and his career stalled with us. For his sake and ours, should have been sold a lot sooner.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]why oh why did you have to mention Lisbie Dazzler?!

Here we go again...[/quote]

Sorry!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I use to be totally reliant on my Lisbie but when my contract run out I decided to go for a Varney. I am now reliant on my Varney but I can't change contract until another 2 years.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]nowt wrong with nelse fecking favorite of mine if you put the effort in you will always get plaudits as for lisbie it was more remenisant of leaburn loved by few hated by many

Kish put the effort in but plenty hated him!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]I use to be totally reliant on my Lisbie but when my contract run out I decided to go for a Varney. I am now reliant on my Varney but I can't change contract until another 2 years.[/quote]

The problem with the Varney is that it only connects with the network in certain areas. Sometimes you can't get a signal through at all.