Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst Gigs You've Been To

edited September 2008 in Not Sports Related
David Bowie - London Arena - 1990 ish - SHITE - And I am a massive Bowie fan.

Elton John - London Arena - 1990 ish.

Maddona - Wembley 1987

Comments

• Options
    David Bowie - Earls Court low lp really boring walked out.

Fela Kuti - Brixton Academy Awfull sound.

Prince Far i - University of london,bad sound.
  • Options
    Cud @ The Scala a few months ago - they were really awful. Plus their drummer apparently threw a hissy fit before the gig and insisted the band due first on became the main support instead. As a result one of the other bands on the bill had to go and play a free gig in the pub up the road (there were a few people there just to see them). I never seen a band get booed as much as the guys that did the actual support, think they were called Scratch Attitude - avoid at all costs.
  • Options
    The Farm around 1992 - terrible.
  • Options
    the kooks at the astoria a couple of years ago , only got the tickets for the Missus as a surprse cos she liked them then she was ill on the night of the gig. Was full of screaming girls

The La's at shepherds bush on that comeback tour , drummer was apparently the third one on the tour and just some mate who stood up the whole gig , left before the end as it was upsetting seeing one of my favourite bands like that.

Various bands at the astoria for the beat tv show , only went cos the tickets were free but had to suffer the likes of skunk anansie and molly half head
  • Options
    UB40 at Wembley around 92/93. Bought tickets for my then girlfriend and her mum. Her mum blew it out so I had to go. Never been so bored in my life.

Happy Mondays at Glastonbury in '90. Absolute shyte (although I'm a big fan and saw them before and since and they were superb)
  • Options
    Queen in Hyde Park.

Two of the worse possible things to have for a concert in one go. It was Queen and it was in the open air.
  • Options
    The Cramps at Brixton Academy. Missus had been feeling rough all evening, just before they came on she felt so ill we had to leave.

Fair play, it turned out to be a nasty bout of shingles which laid her up for a fortnight...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]The Cramps at Brixton Academy. Missus had been feeling rough all evening, just before they came on she felt so ill we had to leave.

Fair play, it turned out to be a nasty bout of shingles which laid her up for a fortnight...

Can your pussy do the dog?...A date with Elvis, great LP....
  • Options
    Great live band too (did see them at Hammersmith Palais in about 85).
  • Options
    Shabba Ranks, Brixton Academy. Riots outside, couldn't get in even though we had tickets. Eventually got into a very overcrowded venue and wished I hadn't bothered. The shooting inside the Academy made the news but the gig itself was dreadful, despite David Roddegan's best efforts.

Other bad ones:

Robert Cray at Shepherds Bush. Used to be raw and very good live but this time was so boring that the whole crowd was chatting.

Yes, Tales of The Topographic Oceans tour. You had to listen to Yes albums several times to appreciate them They made the mistake of touring before the album's release. A flamboyant Rick wakeman aside, dreadful. I'm sure the crowd only stayed to listen to the (undeserved) encores.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Queen in Hyde Park.

Two of the worse possible things to have for a concert in one go. It was Queen and it was in the open air.

Well why did you go then you tosser? Pathetic comment form a pathetic poster.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Queen in Hyde Park.

Well why did you go then you tosser? Pathetic comment form a pathetic poster.

Ooooo hark at Mr Wind Up. Or are you having a bad day?

It was a free concert. I left soon after they came on to get away from the terrible music and all the 6th form physics students and bank clerks who were wetting themselves over their hero Freddie.

He was gay you know Chirpy and we all know how you feel about "them".
  • Options
    gayer than a gay man in Gaysville newtown in Gay county, Gayland .Mounted more times than a 70 year old donkey on Broadstairs beach --------but what a voice.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I don't have bad days you freeloader.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]I don't have bad days you freeloader.

Freeloader and proud of it. If not a bad day then must be another wind up.
  • Options
    I'm still a bit confused....if you hate Queen so much why go in the first place, free or otherwise?

Its like me going to a celtic game because I was given free tickets. Would never happen but, then again, I'm not a cheapskate.....;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]gayer than a gay man in Gaysville newtown in Gay county, Gayland .Mounted more times than a 70 year old donkey on Broadstairs beach
    but what a voice.

Couldn't care less that he was gay but boy did it wind up his fan base when you tried to point this, and that he was Asian, out to them. Down right refusal to accept that their hero was being slightly ironic when singing about Fat Bottomed Girls.

Don't blame Mercury either. It was different times and coming out would have hurt his career. Still don't the music.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Got to be Velvet Revolver at Hammersmith a couple of years ago- the sound was crap, the only thing you could hear was the bass and drums. I'd gone to see Slash play and didn't hear him all night.

Other than that, being dragged by the wife to Boyzone at the O2 was a very disturbing and painful experience!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

I don't do wind ups either.
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited September 2008
    Back on subject.......

Gloria Estafan - Wembley circa 1996 - Got dragged along by the Mrs. It was truely awful.

Kiss - Sept 1988 - Had got back from Holiday in the states that day and , like a fool, decided that I could get to the gig. They were crap - I was jet lagged - managed to crash my car on the way home.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Los Lobos - Kentish Town forum.
    We were nearby and thought it would be a laugh.
    We were the only non spanish speaking people there, and for some reason were surprised they
    sang all their songs in spanish - naive youngsters that we were.

Plus any gig in the accoustic wasteland that is Alexandra Palace.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

I don't do wind ups either.

Well not very good ones, that's for sure.
  • Options
    worst gigs.....

Joni mitchell at wembley arena was incredibly dissapointing,
    Crass at the trinity in Bristol was quite a trial
    Pink Floyd, the wall at Earls Court really pissed me off but i somehow think it was meant too.(tho comfortably numb was brilliant)
    Van the Man having a bad day at Colston hall Bristol.
  • Options
    The one and only gig I ever did: Only a dozen or so people turned up. Our singer and drummer got as high as kites. Singer picked a fight with the band that was on before us. His mum walked up to the stage and slapped him round the face for swearing. He then hid in the ladies toilets managing to sing a complete song from in there, before leaving and making the last two tracks instrumentals.

I had to go to work the next day and face my colleagues who'd made an 80 mile round trip to go and see it. Luckily they thought we were one of the best comedy acts they'd ever seen.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Bangkokaddick[/cite]Yes, Tales of The Topographic Oceans tour. You had to listen to Yes albums several times to appreciate them They made the mistake of touring before the album's release. A flamboyant Rick wakeman aside, dreadful. I'm sure the crowd only stayed to listen to the (undeserved) encores.
    LOL. I had forgotten that one. Saw them at the Rainbow in London doing this. The Topographic Oceans album was 4 tracks covering a double album. Each track was about 25 minutes long & nobody had heard ANY of it before. Very, very odd. Rick Wakeman tells the story that he used to nip off stage when he wasn't required to be playing so he could run down the road to get a takeaway curry. He would then eat this while the band played on, and on, and on. Sadly I never got to see the encores as I had to dash across London to catch the last train home! Happy memories.
  • Options
    Courtney Pine...walked out at the interval.

Jazz, an acquired taste I don't get...
  • Options
    Thats cos u aint clever enough to understand it !

i can tread music never have been able to, but boy im a real good jazz musician.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Thats cos u aint clever enough to understand it !

quote]

That would be it....
  • Options
    all this sniping on here makes ugly reading.

Think a few temporary bans should be dished out if people cant behaves themselves. you're all grown men. theres people i disagree with on on here but i just tend to ignore them as no point in turning it ugly for everyone else and im sure the admins are getting hacked off.
  • Options
    Curb-it didnt mean dear old fishy is thick ! most of us know he aint . Tad weird maybe as can be seen by some of his "would you" and all this muscle pumpin stuff.

You and Mr T been away ?