Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nicky Bailey

edited September 2008 in General Charlton
Hello Guys,

Southend fan in peace here,

Just interested to hear your honest opinions on Nicky Bailey and whether he has made the step up to the championship and if he has the ability to go further in your opinions!

Was superb for us at Southend, and a real shame hes left us after only one season, but interested to hear how hes really playing for you guys!! heard a lot of good things comign out the valley about him!!

Best of luck for the rest of the season!! (Hoping you'll get promoted so we'll get a little more on the Bailey deal!!)

Comments

• Options
    The boy is mustard pal, just need to find a suitable partner for him.

He is what we have needed since Parker left us.
  • Options
    doing very well. cracking goal on Saturday. was our only player in midfield on Saturday. If your dependong on more money from us geting promotion, then it could be along wait !
  • Options
    What CHG said. Different class! Just need someone else for him to play against and we could be well on our way.
  • Options
    Is the future a Bailey/Racon partnership? Then the question becomes who do you play outwide from:

Bouazza
    Sam
    Ambrose
    ZZ
    Varney
    Shelvey
    Basey
    MooToo
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    we had sam on loan a couple of season back, wasnt impressed with him at all, he had pace but that was about it from what we saw at southend, has he developed? i've seen hes been featuring quite a lot which suprises me from his loan spell with us, thought he would be on his way down to L1/2!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leathers20[/cite]had sam on loan a couple of season back, wasnt impressed with him at all, had pace but that was abit it from what we saw t southend, has he developed? seen hes been featuring quite a lot which suprises me from his loan spell!

Our Lloyd divides the fans really. Some consider him to be a waste of space others can see his potential and skill.

He is coming up 24 this year though so he needs to establish himself now if he is going to.

He didn't have his best game against Wolves, possibly still carrying his injury, but played well against Reading.

In summary the jury is out!
  • Options
    Very encouraging is my comment.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: randy andy[/cite]Is the future a Bailey/Racon partnership? Then the question becomes who do you play outwide from:

Bouazza
    Sam
    Ambrose
    ZZ
    Varney
    Shelvey
    Basey
    MooToo

Bailey and ZZ for me in the centre with Bouazza and Moo2 out wide unless Sam pulls his socks up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Very encouraging is my comment.

Is that re Bailey or Sam?
  • Options
    Bailey quailty

Sam doesnt do enough and should drop a league
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sam isn't good enough for the Championship in my opinion. Surprised Pardew keeps persevering with him.
  • Options
    Bailey quality.

First choice midfield of Bailey, ZZ, Ambrose and a n other
  • Options
    Sam has the technique of a premiership player with the vision of a ... not so good player.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]Sam has the technique of a premiership player with the vision of a ... not so good player.

What do you know boo'er!
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Aright leathers.

Every time Bailey has played for us he's played out of his skin. He was overrun against Wolves but I think they all were.

I watched him at Watford and I think the first thing that caught my eye was the shot from about 35 yard he took. After that his distribution and tackling against Reading. He keeps his head up, he has heart, passes well and tackles hard. I like him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]Sam has the technique of a premiership player with the vision of a ... not so good player.

What do you know boo'er!

I'll defend peoples right to boo, especially my Dads... But I won't defend mixed allegiances... Ahem!
  • Options
    He's looked great for us, so far. In fact if I was pushed to come up with a player from our team that would fit into the Prem, it would be him. A bit like you guys must have felt when he started turning it on, I'm getting a mild panic at the thought of him getting snapped up by the end of the season.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I don't understand what people have against Sam? he seems to have as many imperfections in his game as any other player on the pitch. In any case, this is a thread about Nicky Bailey, why don't those against Sam start another thread FFS!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]I don't understand what people have against Sam? he seems to have as many imperfections in his game as any other player on the pitch. In any case, this is a thread about Nicky Bailey, start another thread FFS!

I think we can forgive the visiting Southend fan for asking about another player linked between our clubs and not starting a new thread... We are a welcoming forum after all?!
  • Options
    Yes... My point was why are people discussing Lloyd Sam on a Nicky Bailey Thread?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Because our friend from Southend asked about him.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, sorry... my mistake. I missed a post. my apologies.
  • Options
    Bailey is real quality and as others have said, the sort of player we have been crying out for, for some while. I saw his debut at Watford and he was nervous at the start but soon got into the game but faded a little towards the end which was entirely understandable. Against Reading he really looked good and on Saturday I thought he was our best player and arguably the best on either side.
  • Options
    Is he our new Robbo?
  • Options
    Bailey will be the clubs player of the year.A class act and if we would have had another ten players out there on Saturday with the same passion and commitment we would have gained another three points.
  • Options
    I just love the way he plays his football, their is no pretence about what he does, he just gets hold of the ball and does it.
  • Options
    Well thank you for your comments guys!!

Will be keeing my eye on you guys this season, and hope Bailey has a bit more commitment to you guys than he did to us and Barnet, you got yourselfs a great little player, and i'm glad (although i kinda hoped he'd fall on his ar$e) thats hes made the step up for you guys!!

best of luck
  • Options
    Cheers.
  • Options
    Fantastic player. Has everything.

I'd like to see ZZ start alongside him in an attacking role, with Bailey's defensive abilities allowing ZZ to get forward. Or Ambrose for that matter.