Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is our team 'too nice' sometimes?

edited September 2008 in General Charlton
Look at what happened when we got a free kick right on the edge of the area - I think it was 1-1 at the time or it may have been 1-2 by then.

Wolves hassle and jostle and make sure we put the ball down about four yards outside the area. The weak ref then hardly moves their wall back at all, so hey-ho the ball hits it and is cleared straight into their attack.

Can you imagine the difference the other way round? They would have screamed for a pen, and made absoulutely sure the ball was right on the line. They would then have made sure the ref got the wall back before taking it.

Summed up the difference between the teams for me.

Comments

• Options
    I think the difference was they wanted it more than us. sadly, we let them keep the points, without much of a fight towards the end.
  • Options
    How come Wolves could take their freekick quickly but we couldn't ; and (I know we all hate these silly rules but...) why was the wolves player Not booked for kicking the ball away mid way thru' the 2nd half ?
    Pards said that the penalty changed the game , but they only "won" it after a quickie !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]why was the wolves player Not booked for kicking the ball away mid way thru' the 2nd half ?

Why weren't any Wolves players booked when I can remember at least one "professional" foul. I tend to agree with Suzie though in that the main difference was they wanted it more than us. To my mind that is the easiest to remedy. We have players who are technically good, its still a strong squad despite the departures. If Pards can start building the confidence of the players, then we will still have a decent season. ZZ coming back is a real plus point and if Tody is fit again this will help.
  • Options
    Agreed totally ; they DID want it more.
    Its just the (lack of) consistency from the officals really iritates me ; If they're bad , try to be bad for/against both sides.The game has rules; if you don't know them fine - but try to be fair about it. One rule for one side and another for the other makes a very poor specticle.
  • Options
    in short yes....

have been for many a year.... Im hoping Bailey might be one of those that will happily knock down a wall to get us over the line.... certainly from that incredible block he did against Reading the other week(which also injured him) he showed he has the commitment, we need a Parker, or someone whos a bit nasty or at least has, no sod that someone whose nasty, how many times was Keane sent off or viera,

Bring back Paul Miller I say...
  • Options
    Paul Miller - yeah might as well sign Hadji Diouf whilst you're at it.