Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ratings re Wolves

edited September 2008 in General Charlton
Weaver --------6
Cranie ----------5 looked lost ,but early days
Hudson----------7 solid
Fourtune--------6
Crab Man-------7 passing was better and would run his till he dies.

Sam-------------6 ok without being dangerous
Holland----------6 cant work out why there was such a hole down the middle of mid field.
Bailey ------------8 stunning goal and if we can find someone to play along side him then who knows.
Boo --------------6 ran ok with ball didnt look dangerous, either players making wrong runs or he wasnt lookin.

Varney ----------6 ran alot didnt look dangerous
Gray -------------7 seemed to be playing both C halfs on his own worked hard wasnt dangerous

Pards--------------5 didnt understand his subs, which came on to late anyway.

overall we were poor.

Comments

• Options
    Weaver
    Cranie
    Hudson
    Fourtune
    Crab Man

Sam
    Holland
    Bailey
    Boo

Varney
    Gray

Pards

Crowd .............6

Ref ................5
  • Options
    Weaver --------6
    Cranie ----------6
    Hudson----------7 solid
    Fourtune--------5
    Crab Man-------6 passing was better but started to look tired

Sam-------------6 ok without being dangerous
    Holland----------5 passed it, im sorry matty
    Bailey ------------8 AMAZING GOAL and a real pug shame he doesnt have another CM to help him effectivly
    Boo --------------6 running and dribbling was great but missed chances and collegues didnt know were passes were coming

Varney ----------6 ran alot didnt look dangerous
    Gray -------------6 looked un-effective

Pards--------------5 didnt change game plan to hold onto lead and put on subs far to late

Ref---------------4 WTF was his problem!!??
  • Options
    Wow. I must have been watching a different game then.

I thought only Weaver, Holland and Bailey first half only could come out with any credit at all.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]Wow. I must have been watching a different game then.

I thought only Weaver, Holland and Bailey first half only could come out with any credit at all.

what's your view of Hudson then?
  • Options
    Apart from

Hudson, Bailey,Holland the rest might as well of not been there i am still well peed with what i watched yesterday as for Pards well his subs were left too late the wrong ones and tbh i thought watching him yesterday left me with serious doubts with regards to his attitude and abilty to read our team at all.

did anyone else see the invisible man yesterday, Keogh that is because he played us for mugs and no one picked him up or didnt bother listening to any instructions given because the only other reasn for him having the freedom of the valley could be because the mgmt team couldnt see him either.

and i am normally rose tinted but that was a load of ballcocks
  • Options
    When Bailey lost the ball for the 3rd goal, Holland was a few yards from him but standing next to a Wolves player rather than making himself available for a pass, he rarely does which is why we go long. He than jogged back towards our goal while their midfielders bombed forward after the ball. For the 2nd goal Crainey was outpaced and Hudson lost his man but Holland was standing in the box on his own with a wolves guy behind him, unmarked in front of goal. It reallly is time to wave goodbye to this man.
  • Options
    I don't like to give Holland stick because he is a "charlton" player. But I do agree to a certain extent. He just doesn't get hold of the ball and his game is playing very simple passes. Not good for someone we're going to need to be playing as an attacking midfielder now that we have Bailey. He just doesn't offer anything going forward.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]I don't like to give Holland stick because he is a "charlton" player. But I do agree to a certain extent. He just doesn't get hold of the ball and his game is playing very simple passes. Not good for someone we're going to need to be playing as an attacking midfielder now that we have Bailey. He just doesn't offer anything going forward.[/quote]

I have been a big critic of Holland but I thought that he actually had one of his better games on Saturday. I think that the fact that Pardew hasn't given him back the armband indicates that he is only there until ZZ is fit.

Thought Weaver had a very shakey game. One good save but twice pushed the ball straight to a wolves player for them to score. Granted one was off side but Weaver wasn't to know that.
  • Options
    We all have our opinions on players and others have downers on Sam, our full-backs and even Varney, but these players have youth on their side and can only improve. Matt is my pet hate, because he's been here so long, has always been around post Parker when our midfield has been deficient, and is clearly now past it. How can MH have had a good game when our midfield was overrun, was Bailey not delivering perhaps?
  • Options
    Its all about opinions. I thouight he was our best player on Saturday and the midfield got overrun because our wide men played without brains, our defence sat far, far too deep and Bailey lost some of what he is best at in the second half.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Weaver --------6 - not much to do
    Cranie ----------6 - looked short of match fitness. not as exciting as Moo2 but I suspect will prove to be more solid
    Hudson----------8 - Led from the back again
    Fourtune--------5 - Was asleep. Keogh had 5 to 10 yards every time he had the ball. Every time. He tore us to bits and JF was to blame
    Crab Man-------5 - Awful defending. Awful going forward. Must try harder. Swap for Basey

Sam-------------5 - Has skill - but no footballing brain. Moo2 or Varns on the right wing for me
    Holland----------6.5 - His legs may be gone but for 60 - 70 mins he was our 2nd best player IMO
    Bailey ------------8 MOTM again. Needs to hold position a little more though - tends to try to cover Matty and got caught out of position
    Boo --------------6 - Looked dangerous in 1st half - should have passed a couple of times but I don't mind him shooting from range. Not clicked with Youga yet

Varney ----------6 - Ran a lot but is not clinical enough
    Gray -------------6 - Not one of his better games
  • Options
    Weaver --------5 Let in too many in a short period surely he was warmed up?
    Cranie ----------6 shaky
    Hudson----------8 solid again
    Fortune--------7 less shaky
    Youga -------6 passing was better why Crab Man?

Sam-------------6 ok
    Holland----------7 passed it well and tried to keep things tidy
    Bailey ------------8 great goal.
    Bouazza --------------6 running and dribbling good but he didnt seem to know where passes were going

Varney ----------6 ran alot in and out of defenders no service = lack of chances
    Gray ------------6 looked effective at holding it up that one time!

Pardew--------------6 didnt change game plan to push for a win and subs came late but he did unearth Bailey

Ref---------------3.22754558663252214452 WTF? gave away a foolish pen and seemed to have a genuine dislike of us! Must be a Palarse boy.