Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cranie

edited September 2008 in General Charlton
Weren't the most impressive debut was it? Seemed to me like he really couldn't be bothered. Allowed their winger to get the cross in for their second by just nonchalantly sticking his leg out rather than putting in the slide and conceeding the corner.

Dropping Mouts for a sliced clearance seems very harsh in hindsight. Anyone else got any thoughts on his performance?

Comments

• Options
    i know its the first game and he might be nervers on he's debut but what i saw today he was too scared to header the ball
  • Options
    Tinkering for the sake of it, Mr Pardew. Why change the Moo2/Sam partnership that did so well v Reading, and only changed at Preston due to Sam's injury.

Cranie states that he prefers playing centre-back, and on today's display, he's not much good as right-back.
  • Options
    From what I saw today, I prefer Moo2
  • Options
    same here i was thinking that when i left the ground when the 3rd goal when in

how did the kid get in the england U21
  • Options
    Very unimpressive debut. To be fair though he hasn't played many games recently & that may have been the reason. I thought both our full backs struggled today though.
  • Options
    I think he's short of games and to come into one so full on as this was difficult for him. I think McCarthy realised his and they put him under pressure right from the off. He definitely failed to stop the cross for their second although we then conspired to allow their guy to get to it first. To be honest neither full back looked comfortable with Youga seemingly away with the fairies for much of the game. He does love to over elaborate.
  • Options
    i reckon when primus is fit and raring to go it will be like this
    fortune - primus

lets hope that moo2 can replace cranie at half time in matches like the reading
    game we played him and he done really well at the back
  • Options
    I think cranie didn't have the best of games but i think his injury which he did when he was at qpr might of still affected him but for now i would still use moo2 at get cranie to full fitness again
  • Options
    Early days but first impression not good.

Mind you I said the same about Bouazza after Yeovil and he was brilliant against Reading and not bad, although I thought he faded in the 2nd half a bit, today.
  • Options
    looks like he needs 2 get more games under his belt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can understand bringing in someone with plenty of experience to replace Mou2, but I don't understand why we gave up a place in our team to develop another teams youngster - haven't we learnt our lesson from last season.
  • Options
    Moo2 seems to be Pardew's perennial scapegoat. Against Reading Moo2 and Sam worked really well together, creating at least one of the goals. I didn't see the Preston game but despite a mistake why not give him another go with Sam.

Last year he didn't get the chance, originally through injury, but Mills and Halford, both loan players, were preferred.

I see he wasn't even on the bench yesterday.

Possible explanations?

Pardew doesn't like him
    Pardew thought that a more defensive-minded RB was necessary against the Wolves winger
    Deal with Pompey stating Cranie has to play

Disappointing as from what I have seen, Moo2 adds a bit of spark and creativity to the side.
  • Options
    I agree not an impressive start but has hardly played for Pompey. We need to give him more games. Stuart Pierce obviously rates him which says something.
  • Options
    It can take time too to adjust to the Championship so all things considered I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, for now.
  • Options
    Don't fix that isn't broke Mr Pardew - Cranie infinitely inferior to Moo2. I think that single decision yesterday was the main reason why we lost. The defense was unbalanced by Cranie's lack lustre, seemingly disinterested and positionly niave display.The team that played against Reading should be allowed to settle in.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: goalpostsinline[/cite] I think that single decision yesterday was the main reason why we lost. .

Lets not lose sight of the fact that Wolves were better than us, they were faster, stronger and sharper, our defence looked weak, with the exception because they were exposed as our midfield was ripped open. Against Reading Bailey hld the central midfield together covering the defence and being a sprngboard for the forwards, on the whole this did not happen yesterday, because they were too good.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]It can take time too to adjust to the Championship so all things considered I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, for now.

Just a shame that Mou2 is never given a chance to adjust
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeakieRocket[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]It can take time too to adjust to the Championship so all things considered I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, for now.

Just a shame that Mou2 is never given a chance to adjust

Does seem starnge both Moots and semedo seem to be 1st on the scape goat list.
  • Options
    Oh come on, have a word with yourselves. Cranie is how old, has played for us how many times and has played how many games in the past year? Not to mention the fact that he was up against a form team and a form player?

But that doesn't matter really does it, let's have a pop at him. Give me strength!!!
  • Options
    He wasnt good but others werent either. He is a kid and maybe used toplaying with better players around him as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Personally I thought Cranie looked OK until Sam got subbed, and Bouazza swapped sides to play in front of him. Then he was under much more pressure, and didn't stand up to it as well as we might've hoped.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    The thing is I didn't think that for much of the game, Wolves were faster, stronger and sharper and in Bailey we had the best player on both sides. I thought both teams were going for it, and with us ahead and their tactic of pushing right up on us and closing us down penned us in somewhat. Despite that we had some good moves just not finished due to, in the main, the wrong options taken. I remember Varney having a great run in the second half then failing to deliver the killer ball to Bouazza who, being forced to wide, fluffed yet another shot.

The real turning point came with the penalty which was very harsh. I thought, like the Reading game, that we would be galvanised by that and Pards threw on Dickson and Basey but before any impact was made, we'd allowed a goal to be scored due to a combination of their good play and some sloppy defending.

In the end, they took the game away from us and I accept that ultimately they were the better side but not by a huge amount, certainly not technically but in their mental strength and greater togetherness.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Oh come on, have a word with yourselves. Cranie is how old, has played for us how many times and has played how many games in the past year? Not to mention the fact that he was up against a form team and a form player?

But that doesn't matter really does it, let's have a pop at him. Give me strength!!!

Chill out paragon. We can't talk about the fact it was an unimpressive debut and discuss why Mouts was dropped for him? Nobody is "having a pop". I think you're barking up the wrong tree squire.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Oh come on, have a word with yourselves. Cranie is how old, has played for us how many times and has played how many games in the past year? Not to mention the fact that he was up against a form team and a form player?

I agree. Lets give the bloke a chance.
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with that Chunes, but some of the comments on this thread are pretty scathing - so I'd call that "having a pop".

PS. Woof.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Personally I thought Cranie looked OK until Sam got subbed, and Bouazza swapped sides to play in front of him. Then he was under much more pressure, and didn't stand up to it as well as we might've hoped.

Totally agree with this. As soon as Sam went off and Bouazza went to that side, they scored within a couple of minutes.
  • Options
    Yes, for Wolves 3rd goal, their player collected the ball a couple of yards from Bouazza, but he made no attempt to chase after him. This left the Wolves player approaching the penalty box unchallenged. Fortune should have come out to try and block him, but stood off too much.

Cranie should have blocked the cross for the second goal, but I agree with Off it, the bloke needs to be given some time. I saw the U21 game and he did play well.