Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Penalty?

edited September 2008 in General Charlton
Well, was it?

It certainly was the turning point of the game, but it looked very harsh to me. From where I was sitting in the West it seemed as though the fella hit his cross/shot and then caught Bailey - who had slid across him to try and get the block in - with his follow through. Perhaps tellingly, I didn't really see any of the players or their fans appeal for it and the lino never gave anything.

Ah well, all academic now I spose.

Comments

• Options
    i didnt see it, in the north upper, did turn the game in their favour, will be interesting to see it again on tv.
  • Options
    I can't wait to se it on The Championship in the morning, but don't think the referee should have allowed the quick and sneaky free kick
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    didn't really see it from where i was sat but looked a pen from what i could see. Don't think you can blame the ref for allowing them to take the quick free kick. I was just very dissapointed our players were not quick enough to realise it, that really was sunday league stuff, and a shame because up until then, whilst Wolves were the better team i was beginning to think we had weathered the storm & would go on to win.
  • Options
    Thought it was a pen, but the free kick before wasn't.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Thought it was a pen, but the free kick before wasn't.
    Agreed. Definitely a pen - but just as definitely not a free-kick leading up to it. The ref today was pretty pants all round really - he seemed to take an age to point to the spot for the penalty, made some really daft decisions and dithered around a lot when he should have been decisive. Not quite up there with the lemon at the Reading game, but still not good.
  • Options
    What I'd like to know is, how did we get so many bookings? Despite the result, I thought it was a good hard fought game today, but never dirty. How did we pick up all those yellows? It could cost us later.
  • Options
    To be honest, the quality of refereeing in this division is so unbelievably dire it's not even worth discussing any more. It would be nice if some of the terrible decisions were in our favour every once in a while though!
  • Options
    Having just seen it again on the telly, I reckon I've called that just about right. The fella kicks Bailey with his follow through after the ball has long gone.
  • Options
    how many Wolves fans went up for the pen > how many Wolves players ?

Ref was sh*t end of.
  • Options
    Disappointed after seeing it again on the telly, could have been a different result if a goal kick was given.