Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Last Concert you went to....

edited September 2008 in Not Sports Related
I am seeing Stevie Wonder tonight at O2 and Emmylou Harris on Sunday.
What was the last gig you went to?

Comments

• Options
    Michael Buble, July, in the O2
  • Options
    Bon Jovi - Twickenham
  • Options
    Haven't been to one for a while, but....

Tenacious D - Dec 06 (Hammersmith)
    The Killers - Nov 06 (Brixton)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Cafc #1[/cite]Bon Jovi - Twickenham[/quote]

I love Bon Jovi - but refuse to go to Twickenham again after the debacle getting back from the Police concert last year.
  • Options
    "I love Bon Jovi - but refuse to go to Twickenham again after the debacle getting back from the Police concert last year."

Couldn't agree more. I went on the Sunday and it was a 'kin joke geting home.

Last concert was Starsailor at this years Le Mans 24 hour in June.
  • Options
    Busted at Minehead Butlins believe it or not - it was for my son - but was a good concert to be fair to 'em
  • Options
    Stereophonics at Wembley a few years ago. Truly the nuts live.

Fleetwood Mac at Earls Court also a few years ago. Although the sound system at Earls Court seemed to be terrible unless it was just where we were sitting.

Normally go to music festivals if I can get my hands on the tickets. Better value for money and love the atmosphere.
  • Options
    REM, Twickenham, 2 weeks ago. Found a nice little pub just past the stadium with a big beer garden and BBQ on the go for a few bevvies beforehand.

Managed to get on a train pretty quickly coming home, but it still took over two hours.
  • Options
    Lucky Soul at the 02

Before that it was CSN at the Albert Hall
  • Options
    Not been to one for a while, last was Ian Brown at Brixton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carter USM in 91....
  • Options
    The last real paying gig I went to was a rockabilly night, Cat and the hot tin trio and Kav & The Kavemen, Acacia Hall, Dartford about a month ago.
  • Options
    Dr Feelgood at Town and Country Club . Lee Brillo was still the main man showes how long ago it was.
  • Options
    David Gray at the Roundhouse a year or so back. Good initmate venue, good show
  • Options
    Sergio Mendes at the Barbican last year ...

I am going to see Maze featuring Frankie Beverley next week and Stevie in October
  • Options
    The Pigeon Detectives, Brixton some time earlier this year.

(I am not including seeing Jason Donovan at the Dartford festival!)
  • Options
    Iron Maiden @ Twickenham this year
  • Options
    Last: The Sadies at The Canmore Hotel

Next: Iron & Wine at The Calgary MacEwan hall
  • Options
    Madonna last night (I was working - took eight journalists). The whole thing was pretty awesome (no, am not really a fan)....somewhat tempered by someone deciding to shut Wembley Park tube early, leaving thousands of people, including me, stranded in north London with no hope of getting home...

Finally walked in the door at 3.15 this morning after spending an hour stuck in a cab at Blackwall Tunnel at 2pm (wtf?)....was not happy when the alarm went off 3 hours later and am looking forward to a very early night tonight....

Have drawn the short straw in the office and have to go to Coldplay in December at O2 which I am really not looking forward to...not sure who else I am seeing before then... Best job I ever had was summer of 2003 when I was doing PR for first Glastonbury and then the V Festival...two awesome weekends (altho all a bit of a blur.)..went on the main stage at Glastonbury - absolutely awesome sight looking out....made me wish I was a rock star...(that and the drugs, drink and groupies).
  • Options
    Shed Seven - Last December - Shep Bush Empire
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Charlton Charlie[/cite]Madonna last night (I was working - took eight journalists). Have drawn the short straw in the office and have to go to Coldplay in December at O2 ).[/quote]

Blimey where do you work, sounds great job
  • Options
    Morrissey and New York Dolls at Hyde Park

Great night followed by a great session in a boozer in Mayfair.

^^Would love to see Maze feat Frankie Beverley (Bring your whistles. . . )
  • Options
    Brian Jones Town Massacre at the Kentish Town Forum

Very entertaining, although apparently not as good as some of they're gigs earlier in the year.
  • Options
    Could say Glenn Tilbrook acoustic in the Charlton Con Club but that would be pushing it! Carter USM also, at Brixton last November - going to relive my youth big time and see Simple Minds at Wembley this November on their 30th (eek) anniversary tour.
  • Options
    Oh Charlton Charlie has gone all corporate ....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Morrissey and New York Dolls at Hyde Park

Great night followed by a great session in a boozer in Mayfair.

^^Would love to see Maze feat Frankie Beverley (Bring your whistles. . . )

Bought Smiths DVD last weekend, The Complete Picture, only £6, bargain
  • Options
    You couldn't pay me to see Coldplay
  • Options
    Last- The Enemy

Next- Dirty Pretty Things and Oasis in the same week :)
  • Options
    Camera Obscura and The Clientele at 229 (Great Portland Street) last Saturday.
  • Options
    Riscardo - you're right, I have....got a box at Wembley and another at the O2 these days...mind you the only time I go out is with work...I actually have no life of my own :-(