Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pards plots Wolves revenge

edited September 2008 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/topsport/display.var.2444948.0.pards_plots_wolves_revenge.php

Comments

• Options
    Gutted at that last minute goal.
  • Options
    This really makes me feel positive about the season:

"Zheng has trained and looks fine. He has had such a long period of football that this rest has probably been good for him and he looked fresh when he came back this week.

"He is happy and I think he is ready to produce for us and obviously it strengthens my hand because I wasn't expecting him to be here."
  • Options
    "Nicky Bailey has settled into this team fantastically well, but he had his first little dip. Knowing him, he'll be expecting to bounce back. I want to keep him in the centre but we had no wideman at Preston so my hand was forced and he had to play on the right.

"I wanted to play Jonjo [Shelvey] and I feel it was a bit of a learning curve for him at Preston. I feel he hasn't got the defensive side of his game quite right, but he's going to be a great player for us and I feel he will establish himself this season."

erm so why not play Shelvey on the right??

:)
  • Options
    seconded razil
  • Options
    So Pards has got strong hands that can be forced!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]"Nicky Bailey has settled into this team fantastically well, but he had his first little dip. Knowing him, he'll be expecting to bounce back. I want to keep him in the centre but we had no wideman at Preston so my hand was forced and he had to play on the right.

"I wanted to play Jonjo [Shelvey] and I feel it was a bit of a learning curve for him at Preston. I feel he hasn't got the defensive side of his game quite right, but he's going to be a great player for us and I feel he will establish himself this season."

erm so why not play Shelvey on the right??

:)

Why not leave Bailey where he is best in the centre and play Moo2 on the right with Semedo at right back? Jonjo can play alongside Bailey instead of Holland if Pards wants to play him.

Sam is back now so who knows what will happen this week?!
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    yes, it appears to show in writing presumably in context, Pards somewhat confused thinking
  • Options
    Seems like we should all be managers! ;-)
  • Options
    deffo..
  • Options
    Good to hear that he's going to make Wolves adapt to us rather than worrying too much about them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Why not leave Bailey where he is best in the centre and play Moo2 on the right with Semedo at right back? Jonjo can play alongside Bailey instead of Holland if Pards wants to play him.

I made the same point on another thread Len, but hey, us mere mortals, what do we know?.....:-)
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Why not leave Bailey where he is best in the centre and play Moo2 on the right with Semedo at right back? Jonjo can play alongside Bailey instead of Holland if Pards wants to play him.

I made the same point on another thread Len, but hey, us mere mortals, what do we know?.....:-)

It's a simple game, why do managers always try to complicate things??