Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Iwelumo: I hold no grudges (SLP) and Charlton fans were 'faltering' sometimes last year

edited September 2008 in General Charlton
http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/tn/sport.cfm?id=16260

Comments

• Options
    I'm on him to be first scorer at 7-1. It's bound to happen.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IdleHans[/cite]I'm on him to be first scorer at 7-1. It's bound to happen.
    I'll do anytime bet i should think.

It always happens!
  • Options
    used sparingly but still appeared in every game?
  • Options
    Should never have sold him.

Just put him and Ebanks-Blake up-front in my dream team for Saturday!! Of course, I hope they don't score. Not this weekend anyway.
  • Options
    Definitely worth an 'anytime' bet.

Hope the guy gets a good reception, as he was one of the few people in the Charlton shirt in the last few years who was up for it and gave his all.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: boggzy[/cite]Hope the guy gets a good reception, as he was one of the few people in the Charlton shirt in the last few years who was up for it and gave his all.
    Agreed, he's a top bloke. When we sat with him at the POTY he was a class act, shame he had to go but unfortunately he was the only striker we could have made a significant profit on in terms of fee and wages with regards to the cutbacks
  • Options
    don't understand why he would come out with "i hold no grudges" why would he?
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    erm cos we dropped him for nowt and flogged him.. it was our loss tho methinks
  • Options
    flogged him to a bloody good club mind.

Football is all about wheeling and dealing innit - he must of picked up a nice signing on fee coming to us and then to them so no wonder he doesn't hold grudges.
  • Options
    If only we'd given him a proper service - instead of defenders lumping it up vaguely in his direction - he probably would have got 15 +. Our loss for not using him right.

So in selling Andy Reid, not only did we lose the services of our most influential midfielder but at the same time rendered our leading scorer virtually impotent - well, in football terms, anyway!

Comes across as a nice bloke .... and proved to us all last season that he was an unselfish team player.So good luck, mate - but only after Saturday!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is he taking the pis$?

“We drew the next three games and then Pards brought in Andy Gray, which is a superb signing. "
  • Options
    Wait and see ...... whatever you may think at the moment, I've a feeling in my water (as my old Nan used to say) that Andy Gray is going to score 15-20 goals for us this season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Wait and see ...... whatever you may think at the moment, I've a feeling in my water (as my old Nan used to say) that Andy Gray is going to score 15-20 goals for us this season.

You're confident we're going to get a lot of penalties this season then
  • Options
    “Last year when things were going well the fans were fantastic,” he said. “But when things get a little bit sticky you need the crowd to be that twelfth man and I thought they faltered there a little bit."
  • Options
    23/10 for big chris to score at anytime during the game.
  • Options
    did he score against his old club last season? Certainly missed a sitter at Colchester.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]did he score against his old club last season? Certainly missed a sitter at Colchester.
    Don't think he scored in the 2-2 did he?

Varney at home then Toddy and ZZ away?

He got their defender sent off though at Layer Road.

And Lisbie scored three times...
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]“Last year when things were going well the fans were fantastic,” he said. “But when things get a little bit sticky you need the crowd to be that twelfth man and I thought they faltered there a little bit."

Lets see how the Molineux crowd react when things get "a little bit sticky".

Football fans are the same at every club all over the country, serve up dross and the fans will give you stick. Whether it's right or not is another issue but every club has a booing section.

I'm pretty sure that Big Chris will get to know the wolves whingers at some point this season.
  • Options
    I think Iwelumo's early season success has confused his memory here:

“At Charlton we played very nice but there weren’t a lot of chances. Even the Charlton-Wolves game last season at the Valley, I think Charlton forced 46 crosses and not one attempt on goal.

46 crosses in one game ......???? Surely, he meant 46 crosses in one season.
    And Charlton scored twice, so obviously created attempts on goal. Wake up, Big Chris ....(!)
    :o)

The Big Chris goes on to say:
    “Look at us already, Ipswich – Sylvan back post header, goal and that’s what it’s about. If the service is there, the strikers will get chances and hopefully score.”

Now, he makes his point simply - because scoring goals is all about first creating chances.
    Obvious really, even to modern day management. Isn't it?

Oh well. Here's to Charlton putting in 46 crosses today.
  • Options
    I did him for 1st scorer and Charlton to win 2-1 at 66-1 and he goes and injures himself in the warm up!

Mind you we couldn't do the 2-1 bit either1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talking of bets, I did my usual HT Charlton FT Wolves (and reverse) and usual 3-1 either way.

£86 back makes the defeat easier to swallow :)