Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dickson

edited September 2008 in General Charlton
I've got to say that the more I hear about Chris the more I like the sound of him and think he'll come good for us.

a few quotes from Pards about him...

"As Dicko keeps reminding us, he is our only international"

"And he has confidence, as we all know!"

It sounds like he got bundles of confidence but not in a Jerome Thomas style.

Out of all our players I really hope he has a good season.

Comments

• Options
    A striker who is brimming with confidence and is all about scoring goals. Can't be a bad choice eh? Looking forward to seeing him play 90 mins at some point.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dansmudge[/cite]I've got to say that the more I hear about Chris the more I like the sound of him and think he'll come good for us.

a few quotes from Pards about him...

"And he has confidence, as we all know!"

It sounds like he got bundles of confidence but not in a Jerome Thomas style.

Out of all our players I really hope he has a good season.

I presume Pards said this when he thought ZZ had gone?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dansmudge[/cite]I've got to say that the more I hear about Chris the more I like the sound of him and think he'll come good for us.

Apart from ZZ of course
  • Options
    And Danny Unchechcicicicici
  • Options
    I really like him. I watched him warming up for the WBA FA Cup replay last season and he really looked up for it. I just hope he gets and takes his chance. I think he's one of those players who is still pinching himself due to his rise from obscurity and every chance he's given he'll go for it.
  • Options
    I don't want him to start just yet, give him a few games coming on with 30 minutes to go to get used to the pace of the championship. Lets hope that if he does not immediately start hitting the back of the net the fans don't start getting on his back as tends to be the case when over inflated expectations are not realised immediately.
  • Options
    Bet he will go mental when he scores ! Like the lad - shows real determination and is proud to wear the shirt.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite] Lets hope that if he does not immediately start hitting the back of the net the fans don't start getting on his back as tends to be the case when over inflated expectations are not realised immediately.

I get the impression for some reason that the fickle fans might give him a bit longer than most before booing him, seems like everyone is desperate for him to do well.

Or maybe I'm just saying that in the slim hope it'll come true!
  • Options
    I think he'll get fed up soon and request a move

I hope not - but it's a possibility
  • Options
    Varney is much better all round player. Dickson could become a great player to have on the bench but from what i have seen he is not in Varneys class.....hope to be proved wrong however!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's the problem, VN ...... nobody's really seen Dicko yet.
    Different type of player to Varney.

Varney's all about running the channels, huff & puff and shooting on the run.

Dicko's game more about making the ball do the work, a flick, twist & turn and doing the unexpected, being in the right spot at the right time. And he's got pace. Would thrive on a service.

To improve his game, Dicko needs to play. That's all.
  • Options
    He can't score goals if he doesn't get a game.
  • Options
    Hopefully there will be at some stage, a place for Varney AND Dickson in the team.
  • Options
    He's got plenty of pace, was telling me recently he's the quickest player at the club, i think pards is getting him hungry and he will get his chance soon.

I Think he's strong enough and can add something a bit different.
  • Options
    yeah he looks good,i think we should just keep bringing him on as sub at the moment and make him fight 4 a start.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charltonsteve21[/cite]yeah he looks good,i think we should just keep bringing him on as sub at the moment and make him fight 4 a start.

Agreed but not last 5 minutes when we are chasing the game.
  • Options
    Dickson and Varney are totally different players from what I've seen.

Varney runs the channels and contributes to the build-up but his finishing is a little shall-we-say erratic

Dickson does all his work in the penalty-box and looks like he could be the first goal-poacher we've had since Super Clive...