Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

the first palace fan you ever met

edited September 2008 in General Charlton
mine to talk to was around 1990,bloke called clive,used to have a allotment near my grandad,strange man with beaky looks and a syrup,as soon as the internet was widespread we never saw him again.

Comments

• Options
    ill let you know
  • Options
    please do,i look forward to your feedback on these rare humans.
  • Options
    I've met some but never to talk to.
  • Options
    nolly ur right fella just remembered about 1986 was in Phuket Thailand walking along this beach miles from anywhere when this Farang as the Thais call us calls us over. He was living in a corrigated tin hut on the beach, no power , no water, no money, no clothes as such just rags -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------of course he was Palarse. Hey maybe it was Tango Man and thats where he gets his tan from ?

Thing was we felt sorry for the guy and took him for a feed and a booze in this beach bar few miles away. Of course after a few vodkas and then a good few more he was going on about Palarse tec and he wouldnt shut up , so i picked up the ceramic tip plate broke it on me noggin and ate it ! as you do. Seemed to do the trick though he naffed off back to his shack. I went back to UK and had 8 fillings !
  • Options
    Went for a job interview at Fortnum & Mason when I was 16. Got chatting to my prospective boss about football and he said he support Palarse.

They rang me up the next day and got offered me the job but I turned it down due to him being one of them.

I just remember thinking I couldn't bear working under one.

Shows you what I was like back in the day.

Strangely, my cousin was originally one of them but now supports us.

Mind you, he is a distant cousin. I wouldn't have allowed it if I saw him regularly.
  • Options
    gh you have me in stitches.
  • Options
    some guy on a course that i went on,he was a bit of a clown,couple of lads on there tended 2 take the piss out of him.did feel sorry 4 him till i found out he was and eagle.
  • Options
    mine is the fella whose Algarve Golfing services I advertised on here recently. He's the partner of one of my wife's friends and to be fair to be him he's a top fella.
  • Options
    My best friend is a Palace fan
  • Options
    my ex dad is one,met him in 96,become alright.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    at School in 1991, he was a utter knob, and got so much stick at school because he was Palace
  • Options
    Unfortunately I met one about 6 years ago that I work with. He is still working for the same company. I have to talk to the lad now and again and we always ending up talking about footie. His latest spout included trying to justify the attack on the Charlton fans on the train last season for the Selhurst fixture. He gets me raging.
  • Options
    Went to school with one called Gary Carter (Very mouthy) a few on here who went to Eaglesfield (1984-1989) Will remember him!

On the last day we played CAFCVCPFC at fotball it was twenty on to one!! We won and gave him a bit of kicking for a good luck!!.........LOL
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]my ex dad is one,met him in 96,become alright.

your ex dad ??? :-)
  • Options
    My wife teached in sevenoaks and the headmaster was a palarse fan, and sometimes he would be the Mascot at home matches and dress up as the Eagle !!!
    I met him at a few social functions and he knew I was charlton, but he had a very large domineering wife who would join in when there was any banter and slagg him off as well , which was good value .
    think he has since flown south for the winter
  • Options
    Lived in Southnorwood, so unsurprisinly everyone wss palace.
  • Options
    My best mate and her dad are also Palace fans. Used to find it hard not to wear my footie shirt round there when she was still living with her parents. He always grumbled about letting me in, in a good natured way.

Both have a great sense of humour. Most of her Dad's mates are Palace and other than one complete git, they have all been a good laugh and up for a giggle and some banter. If I was a bloke maybe it would be a bit different.
  • Options
    For me must have been 1988 in my first job at Lloyds TSB Clearing Centre bloke called Simon Siggs, he was a really funny bloke as it goes, he even claimed to have had a crap in the Charlton Directors Box when we were still at Selhurst.
  • Options
    A fella by the name of Dave who I met on my very first day at work in 1976. Used to come to work in his DM's and thought he was a lad but this company was in Bermondsey and full of Millwall so he was an easy target.
  • Options
    About 80% of the kids at my school!!

My first decent work mate Graham was a Palarse fan and lived at Anerley. I am ashamed to admit after crashing out at his gaff on umpteen Friday nights and still under the influence the next day, he encouraged me to the dark side a few times when Palarse got into the top flight under El Tel at the beginning of the 80's. I'd like to think that I went only to watch one of ours - Mike Flash Flanagan. I still have nightmares...........

My brother in law and family are all Palarse...:o(. Still you can't pick your in laws!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In about 1977 I came ashore from working in the Merchant Navy and then worked for a shipping company based in Bermondsey. One of the accountants in our office was a Palarse supporter. They were near the top of the 1st Division and we were mid table 2nd Division, they were very good, we were average. So every Monday morning in he would come in chanting "Super Eagles" and saying to the usual "see you lost again". Before that I had no dislike of Palace since meeting him I hate em!
  • Options
    class mate of mine called joesph conelly, back at st pauls 91-96. actually for my sins went with him to see spurs v palarse at the lane when spurs had klinsman and sheringham palace had armstrong and pitcher the c&*t think it was 1-1 god knows who scored but spent the whole game watching the jumbo tron screen, havnt seen him since 96, he was the first indy kid at school well he tried to be, we turned out in ben shermans and fred perry coats and he turned up in his dads old car coat ala del boy, got ribbed massive, he was a top bloke to be honest. my old boss in the post room was a palace too again he was a top bloke and put me on the most cushties round he was called peter mason. shame every palace fan
  • Options
    ive met since have been proper nigels.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]Went to school with one called Gary Carter (Very mouthy) a few on here who went to Eaglesfield (1984-1989) Will remember him!

On the last day we played CAFCVCPFC at fotball it was twenty on to one!! We won and gave him a bit of kicking for a good luck!!.........LOL

i knew gary then and still do. He played for my darts team last year the only non Charlton member of the team. He is not a bad bloke apart from supporting them.
  • Options
    Geezer at school called Nav - Really nice bloke and as hard as i tried I ended up friends with him
  • Options
    Mr Chaplain, one of my primary school teachers in the late 70's.
    tbh was my favourite teacher.
  • Options
    Used to work with one called Gerry at Thomson Holidays - had a very dry sense of humour (he would need to...)

And recently caught up again with an old mate called Charlie from university - had completely forgotten he was one. Mind you, he thought I was an Arsenal fan because he remembered I used to live next door to Highbury...
  • Options
    Well, I know one, but surely there aren't many out there. As it happens, he's a bit of a cynic until they start winning a few.
  • Options
    I think between us, we've covered all of 'em
  • Options
    There are a couple of Palace fans living here in Freiburg - have to say they are good blokes and good to go drinking with.