Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Drinking at The Valley

edited September 2008 in General Charlton
I'm coming to the Wolves game on Saturday and bringing a mate who's never been to The Valley.
Sitting in the West Stand upper.
I normally have a pre match pint in the Rose but what's the bar in the West Stand like? And can you go in if you're not a season ticket holder?

Comments

• Options
    £3.15 a pint
    On Offer Fosters or John Smiths
  • Options
    It's rubbish then?
  • Options
    yeah LOL
  • Options
    This is Floyds were talking about?
  • Options
    Floyds is ok but gets rammed. You are better going to the Oak for a pint first, much better beer and just a short walk.
  • Options
    its called Bartrams now and you don't have to be a season ticket holder to go in. I think they sell more beers than just the 2 mentioned as well. I'll check!
  • Options
    Where's the Oak?

Is it the one on Charlton Lane?

Walk along Harvey Gardens, past Covered End (on your right), then turn left and it's along there somewhere????
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Where's the Oak?

Its the one on Charlton Lane , walk along Harvey Gardens , past Covered End ( on your right ) , then turn left and its along there somewhere

Is it the one on Charlton Lane?

Yes

Walk along Harvey Gardens, past Covered End (on your right), then turn left and it's along there somewhere????

You've got it !
  • Options
    The Oak is usually rammed as well is it not? It always used to be in the old days.

My prematch is get there early, lunch in the Charlton cafe and in Bartrams by 1.30, sink as many as possible before it gets too busy and then relocate to the rubbish concourse bars. Bartrams does more than the Fosters and John Smiths, it does Guiness and a fair bit more
  • Options
    Thanks folks.

Getting dropped off at two so think i'll try the Oak.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Oak is fine they have loads of bar staff and its not as rammed as last season....less fans maybe? Either way they will be showing Liverpool V's United.

Tip go to the middle bar to get served
  • Options
    middle bar? in the oak? i didn't realise they'd expanded and had 3 bars!
  • Options
    saturday should be a cracking game after last year,lets hope it goes our way this time thou.we got 2 make nuff noise on saturday and hopefully keep the wins coming in at the valley.come on u reds!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]middle bar? in the oak? i didn't realise they'd expanded and had 3 bars!

That brings back a few memories. 3 doors into the oak.