Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

School Dinner lady

edited September 2008 in Not Sports Related
Daughter told me something that was said yesterday at lunch to the girl in front

She asked if she could have Wedges with beans instead of the Jacket spud as they had run out.
Diner lady replied
Do you get free school meals
Girl
Yes
Dinner lady
Well as i pay for your food out of my tax you will get what you are given

Comments

• dreadfull woman,starting on a child,hope she gets a clump.
  • She should be reported for saying that...Outragous
  • love to see her get beat by the mum myself.
  • My daughter also said she is always rude and upsetting kids.

They tell the teachers but nothing is done.

So i said do it on mass go to the head
  • If that is true then I would do the following speak to the head and avail yourself of the school complains policy. They have to have one. If you get nowhere with the head then write to the head of governors via the school, because quite simply that is not on.
  • Outrageous behavior!
    As if the trauma of having to eat a school dinner wasn't tragic enough.
  • Sounds like something out of the Catherine Tate show!
  • I make her right LOL

just kidding
  • My wife's a deputy head. I'll ask her tonight what the best course of action would be.
  • Nice one cheers
  • Sponsored links:

• Thats rough on your young un that mate. Wish the old bat would have said it at our school the Pikeys would have hung her !!

School Complaints Committee ? is that like the Board of Govners.
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Thats rough on your young un that mate. Wish the old bat would have said it at our school the Pikeys would have hung her !!

School Complaints Committee ? is that like the Board of Govners.

Sort of. All schools are obliged to have a complaints policy. Generally the escalation process for complaints will be outlined in there. At the school where I am governor we have two committees for complaints. One to hear any, and one to hear any appeals should the person complaining not be happy with the outcome. Most complaints are resolved long before it gets to the governors though. In my 4 and a bit years doing it I have not had to hear one complaint. The school has had a few but they have all been resolved before getting that far.
  • To be fair you ain't going to get a lot of spuds on a dinner lady's taxes. What a vile person. .
  • Ki thanks for that. Dont think we had such a thing. School was run by the Pikeys untill they got bored and was old enough to do roofing and driveways (about13ish).
  • edited September 2008
    Such a comment would be par for the course when I was young but is unacceptable now in my opinion. It is not the fault of the child that the parent (s) don't earn much and the dinner lady is wrong to rub it in.

The problem with complaining is that it is always possible the school will "get back" at the child and parents another way so be 100% sure of your facts before you go in. Schools are very good at denying there is a problem particularly when it is a matter of bullying/abuse which is what this is.
  • when I was at school there was a short spell where me Dad was out of work so I got free dinners , thing is it was only for a couple of months that he was out of work but I "forgot" to tell them he now had a job and got them plus my dinner money from home for almost a year.
    Enabled me to go to Charlton every week that did
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]The problem with complaining is that it is always possible the school will "get back" at the child and parents another way so be 100% sure of your facts before you go in. Schools are very good at denying there is a problem particularly when it is a matter of bullying/abuse which is what this is.

Agreed. Is the Dinner lady employed directly by the school or by a contractor? If it's the former, check out the school policies on conduct of staff and complaints relating to them. (Complaints Procedure). This is intimidation/bullying. It you write a letter to the Head use the words "I wish to make a formal complaint". Schools are great at ignoring things which they treat as grumbles not complaints.
  • My missus is a cook in a private school, them "little darlings" tell her they pay her wages!!!
  • Spoke to the wife last night and she recommended that the parent should speak to the head, tell him/her that a previous complaint had been made to a teacher, the problem still persists and they would like to know what steps the head proposes to take.

If there are any further issues the head should be approached again and given a chance to explain what measures have been taken. At that point, state that they are considering making a formal complaint. A record is kept of all complaints made against a school (which is available to the general public) and head teachers will/should do anything to try and stop these being made.

If they’re still not happy with the reply or the dinner lady continues making comments, then write a letter of complaint to both the school and the board of governors.

The next step would be to complain to the borough, although it shouldn’t get to this stage.

She also mentioned that in a case such as this, it would be a good ides to speak to other parents, get them to voice any concerns and if possible keep a diary of any instances.

Failing that, you could always follow the dinner lady home and break her teeth with your foot!
  • Years ago Dave that would have been your first response.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good advice Dave.
  • Cheers People