Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Non Denominational Church Weddings

DA9DA9
edited September 2008 in Not Sports Related
Carrying on from my wedding thread last week, on which you were all most helpful, does anyone know ayone who has had a non denominational church wedding, and where?

Thanks very muchly

Comments

• edited September 2008
    is there such a thing
  • According to the internet, there are some churches that do it, cant track many down in the Kent area though, only one in Longfield so far.
  • DA9 a church wedding ? you know God (who does exsist) will be watching dont you , sounds a tad risky. The Mrs will be ok fella but could be a few bolts of the old lightening flying around. Dont wear the white flying suit with all those big metal buttons just in case !
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]DA9 a church wedding ? you know God (who does exsist) will be watching dont you , sounds a tad risky. The Mrs will be ok fella but could be a few bolts of the old lightening flying around. Dont wear the white flying suit with all those big metal buttons just in case !

LOL.......I'm a prawn again christian.
  • United Reform might be a good bet.

They've sorted people I know in the past who were unable to marry in their "proper" Churches for various reasons.

(I initially typed god bet!)
  • i know nothing about religion and my mum prooved that to me years and years ago. after the Woolwich pub nail bombs i remember saying to my mum i would never go to a left footers church etc etc etc she being wise (as all mums are) told me that was daft and not all left footers were IRA loving scum bags.Coming from a huge family it always seemed that we were at some wedding etc. Much later went to one of my cousins weddings, big old church, this service went on and on and on and onand on , im sure i went through puberty while we sat there. Days turned into night, several people passed out with lack of food. However as my hair turned grey , it finished. As we walked out mum informs me that i had just sat through a wedding in a RC church ------------ hadnt a clue me.

DA9 went to a non dom wedding in Belfasts Crumlin Rd any good.
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]i know nothing about religion and my mum prooved that to me years and years ago. after the Woolwich pub nail bombs i remember saying to my mum i would never go to a left footers church etc etc etc she being wise (as all mums are) told me that was daft and not all left footers were IRA loving scum bags.Coming from a huge family it always seemed that we were at some wedding etc. Much later went to one of my cousins weddings, big old church, this service went on and on and on and onand on , im sure i went through puberty while we sat there. Days turned into night, several people passed out with lack of food. However as my hair turned grey , it finished. As we walked out mum informs me that i had just sat through a wedding in a RC church
    hadnt a clue me.

DA9 went to a non dom wedding in Belfasts Crumlin Rd any good.

Surely, the fact the service was in another language was a bit of a clue....;-)
  • You can't have a non-denominational church. If you don't want a religious ceremony then don't have a church ceremony?
  • edited September 2008
    As said i went to one in Belfast , but as also said i know naff all about religion . No one had a skull cap on so i dont think it was a kosher do !!
  • Sponsored links:

• VFR, you seem to be stalking me around on here today.....do you have issues with me?

I am aware that you dont have non dom churches, the statement itself kind of answers that question, but you can have non dom services in churches that agree to it.
  • edited September 2008
    Went to a church wedding in Farnborough village DA9 - The wedding before was Greek Orthodox and I was told by the vicar that within reason he didn't mind the church being used for other denominations or indeed non-denomination weddings.

although he did have the hump with the amount of incense the greek orthodox peeps used - the church smelt like woodstock for my mates wedding ;o)
  • DA9.. nope. no stalking.

I'm in a similar position. My Fiancé is Catholic but I'm not. in fact I'm Buddhist, which creates a problem. she wants a church wedding but I don't believe in god.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]DA9.. nope. no stalking.

I'm in a similar position. My Fiancé is Catholic but I'm not. in fact I'm Buddhist, which creates a problem. she wants a church wedding but I don't believe in god.

My Aunt was buddhist (well, her last few years of her life she was) the funeral was incredible (if you get my meaning) all the chanting & singing actually relaxed people, and they left wih smiles on their faces, which I suppose it was meant to do.
  • catholic masses are not done in latin anymore.