Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jane Moore - The Sun

edited September 2008 in General Charlton
Check out the last line!

Hatton No True Blue Fan

Boxer Ricky Hatton is reportedly kicking himself after giving up his VIP Box at Manchester City because he was convinced the club would struggle this season. Now, of course, there's a new owner with deep pockets and a desire to hire world class players.

However, Ricky can console himself with the thought that he was never truly a "Fan" anyway.

After all, the word fan derives from fanatic because these diehards stick by their team through every up, down, twist and turn and don't give up at the first sign of poor form.

Just ask the supporters still hanging in there at Charlton Athletic.

Comments

• Options
    lol, so what is her Charlton contact?
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited September 2008
    Lol.

But Ricky was on Soccer AM this saturday saying that story was a load of rubbish and he still has his box...
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]lol, so what is her Charlton contact?
    That guy we nicknamed 'c**t'
  • Options
    MCSMCS
    edited September 2008
    what guy wss? weaver?
  • Options
    No.

Kelvin whateverhisnameis
  • Options
    That's the Sun for you - I had to put the whole article on here otherwise it wouldn't have made sense..

:o)
  • Options
    And she looks like this

Jane Moore of the Sun
  • Options
    Before Fishnets asks, the answer is YES
  • Options
    She lives in Blackheath I think.
  • Options
    She can have "it"....lol
  • Options
    She is actually a very nice lady. I don't particularly agree with a lot of her articles and don't read her books, but having spent a bit of time with her one day, she is lovely. Although she hadn't written anything horrible about Charlton fans then or I might not have been so accomodating towards her :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When you say 'accomodating'.....Did you 'make your excuses and leave''?
  • Options
    I thought that was quite a nice thing to say... as i'n we're a decent bunch of fans despite the problems we've had over the past 3 seasons. Or am i reading it wrong (which is worrying as she's a sun columnist)
  • Options
    Isn't she friends with Charlton fans and 'journalists' Kelvin Mackenzie and Gary Bushell?

Probably having a friendly dig at them.
  • Options
    who heard the palace joke on enders last night?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]who heard the palace joke on enders last night?

Yes even my missus laughed. (Not that I normally watch Eastenders of course)
  • Options
    i suppose it was on the truthfull side,growing up in downham they were never seen as a proper club.i never met one i dont think in my juvenile days.
  • Options
    What was the joke then?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]When you say 'accomodating'.....Did you 'make your excuses and leave''?

She was in my house - I made her tea and offered biscuits like a good host :-)
  • Options
    Bobby Davro, Bradley Branning and the new boy Callum were sitting in the Queen Vic and they are discussing pub football and putting together a team and they were talking about the manager of another team and said "he's a palace fan" and Callum says "not into real football then"

or something like that
  • Options
    Wima what time you puting kettle on ? we should all pop over for tea and biccys. I do dunk tho.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yep i would
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Bobby Davro, Bradley Branning and the new boy Callum were sitting in the Queen Vic and they are discussing pub football and putting together a team and they were talking about the manager of another team and said "he's a palace fan" and Callum says "not into real football then"

or something like that

They was talking about a ringer for a pub team having a trial somewhere, then the Palace bit. I wonder if Bradley (can't remember his actual name!) had something to do with it being that he's Charlton.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Wima what time you puting kettle on ? we should all pop over for tea and biccys. I do dunk tho.

Are you as nice as Jane Moore? I don't make tea for just anybody you know :-)
  • Options
    Blast knew there would be a snag.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Wilma[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Bobby Davro, Bradley Branning and the new boy Callum were sitting in the Queen Vic and they are discussing pub football and putting together a team and they were talking about the manager of another team and said "he's a palace fan" and Callum says "not into real football then"

or something like that

They was talking about a ringer for a pub team having a trial somewhere, then the Palace bit. I wonder if Bradley (can't remember his actual name!) had something to do with it being that he's Charlton.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that one of the writers for eastenders was a charlton fan, so it may well be that he wrote that episode.
  • Options
    Dot Cotton is Charlton she used to be called Stan and was a Covered Ender. Has a tattoo on her arse , ask Fishnets he saw it last week when she/he posed for a few "home snaps".
  • Options
    Wheres these photos then ?
  • Options
    jane moore. married to an odious creature. or was.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]jane moore. married to an odious creature. or was.

According to Wiki, some bloke called Gary Farrow? Who he? What he done?
  • Options
    "Just ask the supporters still hanging in there at Charlton Athletic."

I actually felt a slight sense of pride reading that. Good on her, about the only positive thing any journo has said about us for years!