Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reserves v Aldershot tonight - Primus, Mambo, Christensen to play

edited September 2008 in General Charlton
Anyone going?

Primus to play 2nd and last trial game permitted until a loan is agreed.

I hope Toddy gets another game.

Comments

• Options
    DA9DA9
    edited September 2008
    Actually might go, only 2 minutes drive away, 7pm K.O. isnt it?
    Pick the missus up from Greenhithe at 6:55, then a mad dash if I drop her home
  • Options
    Charlton: Elliot, Solly, Yussuff, Semedo, Primus, Mambo, Christensen, Shelvey, Fleetwood, Godfrey, Ambrose. Subs: Clark, Jensen, Tuna, Christie, Sinfield.
  • Options
    Decent team, Tuna on the bench again, must be impressing Kinsella.

Good to see Christensen back.
  • Options
    Is Mambo No 5?
  • Options
    No Toddy....doesn't look good.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]Is Mambo No 5?
    Yes, he's a very young centre half who is built like the proverbial brick sh**house. Looks a very promising prospect.
  • Options
    Mambo makes Shittu look like a dwarf
  • Options
    No Josh Wright, not even on the bench? Anyone know why? Guess he's probably injured.
  • Options
    lost 0- 2 Kinsella OUT! : -)

http://shop.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=32822
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]No Josh Wright, not even on the bench? Anyone know why? Guess he's probably injured.

IS he not out on loan?

Poxy West Ham fan is young Josh
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I went and it was terrible. Just lumped the long ball up front all night deserved to get beat. Was funny hearing Kinsella shouting hit it long all night what happened to playing football on the floor. It really was a poor night
  • Options
    If what uncle says is true it's very worrying. The reserves are a service for the first team, and if Kinsella is telling them to lump it upfield, it must be because that is what Pardew wants them to do to fit in with his tactics. We had too much of that last year, and I had hoped he and Parkinson had learned from their mistakes. We desperately need passing and movement, and players who know where their team mates are going to run.
  • Options
    More importantly, what rating out of 10 would you have given Mambo? Number 5?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]More importantly, what rating out of 10 would you have given Mambo? Number 5?
    6?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]I went and it was terrible. Just lumped the long ball up front all night deserved to get beat. Was funny hearing Kinsella shouting hit it long all night what happened to playing football on the floor. It really was a poor night[/quote]

Criminal really with 6 players who have played Championship and above, and a midfield with Ambrose Shelvey Semedo and Christiansen who should have been able to pass it around against the reserve side of a team who were in the conference last year. Perhaps Steve Brown is our best bet as a future Charlton manager.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Addickson's God[/cite]
    [cite]. Perhaps Steve Brown is our best bet as a future Charlton manager.

My Kinsella out comment was a joke.

have you really judged a manager on one reserve performance you didn't see and decided that somehow Steve Brown is now next in line for the top job. Bizarre
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Addickson's God[/cite][quote][cite]. Perhaps Steve Brown is our best bet as a future Charlton manager.[/cite][/quote][cite]

have you really judged a manager on one reserve performance you didn't see and decided that somehow Steve Brown is now next in line for the top job. Bizarre[/cite][/quote][/quote]

Henry, how many first team squad do we have to play against league newcomer's stiffs before you allow unconditional criticism? I'd be surprised if their whole reserve side combined earns more than Ambrose.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]. Perhaps Steve Brown is our best bet as a future Charlton manager.[/cite]
    [cite]

have you really judged a manager on one reserve performance you didn't see and decided that somehow Steve Brown is now next in line for the top job. Bizarre[/cite]

Henry, how many first team squad do we have to play against league newcomer's stiffs before you allow unconditional criticism? I'd be surprised if their whole reserve side combined earns more than Ambrose.

you can criticise as much as you like but expect to be challenged on what you say especially when you make such huge leaps and draw such bizarre conclusions.

So what does it matter how much Ambrose earns? Reserve games are as much about giving injured and recovering players (like Ambrose and Primus) as well as the kids a run out than results.

Kins said the team played badly. He also said some the kids did well but that they did a job on us. Not good and yes I think our reserve side should be doing better but they didn't.

From this result you decided that Kinsella is only not up to the reserve job (despite nearly winning the league last season) but that he is not up to the first team job while, for whatever reason you don't say, Steve Brown is.

And all this from a game you didn't see. But you don't think that at all extreme
  • Options
    Fair point, I'll wait until I hear him shout "hit it long" with my own ears before I condemn him out of hand.