Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Quadrophenia

edited September 2008 in Not Sports Related
Currently on ITV 4.

If you tune in now you'll be in time to see Leslie Ash - pre trout pout - getting sorted out in the back alleyway!

Comments

• one of the few DVDs I own :)
  • Watched it last night on ITV4. Seen it so many times but bloody love it. I let Chirpy Red jnr watch it a while back, he watched my DVD in bed on his laptop. I think as he is now a teenager was important he saw it.

I saw it at Bexleyheath ABC on a double bill with Scum back in 1979 when it first came out.

Double Bills? What ever happened to them?
  • seen loads of times still a class film
  • Genius film, regocnise loads of places from Brighton in it, best soundtrack ever?
  • Watch out for the helicopter shadow at the end as Phil Daniels rides into oblivion.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Watched it last night on ITV4. Seen it so many times but bloody love it. I let Chirpy Red jnr watch it a while back, he watched my DVD in bed on his laptop. I think as he is now a teenager was important he saw it.

I saw it at Bexleyheath ABC on a double bill with Scum back in 1979 when it first came out.

Double Bills? What ever happened to them?

I saw The Warriors and Animal House on a double bill early 80's...
  • Warriors another class film
  • Leslie Ashs sister used to live in welling, met her at her sisyers once pre that film.

Loved all the mods stuff. Showed that film back to a load of Yanky marines on their way to Gulf War one. They loved it nearly wore the f**kin thing out. They couldnt believe the English were like that, still thought (truely) that is was still pea soupers and sherlock holmes stuff.
  • [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Warriors another class film

Warriors come out and plaaay!
  • Class film, cant walk past the Grand now without thinking of Sting

Sums up the culture perfectly.
  • Sponsored links:

• How about the Wanderers, big fight at the end between dozens of gangs, or another skinhead classic, Romper Stomper with a young unknown Russell Crowe
  • Yes Romper another good film
  • "The Ducky Boys" v's The Wanderers, The Wongs and the Del Bombers....

Romper Stomper has a great soundtrack...although I don't agree with most of the lyrics...
  • Just ordered Romper Stomper from play £4.99. I'm sure it's as good as many have said.
  • Anyone see "Notes on a scandal" last night....I tuned in expecting to see some Lesbo action not Cate Blanchett noshing off some young lad...
  • [cite]Posted By: southamptonaddick[/cite]Just ordered Romper Stomper from play £4.99. I'm sure it's as good as many have said.

Quality film IMO