Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew in Benefit Match for coma victim, Warnock Reffing - **This Sunday**

edited September 2008 in General Charlton
Alan Pardew will be part of a legends XI taking on a Bromley XI on 21 September in a benefit for Rob Hughes.

For those who aren't aware, Rob, a Bromley youth player, was brutally attacked by a group in Crete while on holiday. He was left fighting for his life but has made a great recovery. He had his fourth operation last week and is on the road to recovery.

http://www.bromleyfc.net/ News of the game

http://www.itvlocal.com/london/news/?player=LON_News_15&void=230714 ITV report of the incident which some may find distressing

Comments

• Options
    Jeez Ben.
    upsetting isn't the word.
    I'll be there on Sunday 21st.
    Paul.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    A very moving story. Let's hope he makes a full recovery and gets back to playing football one day.
  • Options
    You missed the other attraction of the day...

The referee for the game will be Crystal Palace manager Neil Warnock. The ex-Sheffield United boss is a fully qualified referee and will be the man in the middle.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]You missed the other attraction of the day...

The referee for the game will be Crystal Palace manager Neil Warnock. The ex-Sheffield United boss is a fully qualified referee and will be the man in the middle.

Will be worth going just to see the row when he books Pardew
  • Options
    Will try to get there Ben, if not I'll give P(mo-git) something to put in the bucket...P remind me next Saturday in The Con Club about this ...Ta.
    And yes, that was a very moving story.
  • Options
    Blimey- very sad!

I'll try and get along for this and combine it with a parental visit...
  • Options
    Very sad. I hope the scumbags who did it get their comeuppance.
  • Options
    read this in the paper - the greek authorities are a disgrace bing they've let them come home and the scummy little ***** have been boasting about it on facebook according to the paper
  • Options
    Quick bump (sorry admin) in case anyone missed this over the weekend
  • Options
    I hope justice is done and the lad makes a full recovery.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That bit where he talks about wearing his Zidane shirt again gives me shivers - so sad.

Hope that he can make a full recovery, and that the perpetrators are punished accordingly.
  • Options
    I'm hoping to get there, anyone who recognises me as apparently the fat welsh bloke from the WKD adverts come and say hello!