Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Prentenious Arty Would ya

This week it's Botticelli's Venus

For a better picture http://www.virtualuffizi.com/uffizi1/Uffizi_Pictures.asp?Contatore=25

Comments

• Options
    its a "proper painting" tho if is under a £10 id have it
  • Options
    GH, as I understand it the question is would you like to make the beast with two backs with her.

So yes or no not how much
  • Options
    No, but I might go for the Venus di Milo in the Louvre. There'd be no 'arm in it.
  • Options
    Sorry Henry thought you was above questions like that. More of a question from "the darkside" like Fishnets.

well she is better than that there painting of some bird that may or may not be smiling --------- and she is a red head ! so if she asked real nice i might let her have a go.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Sorry Henry thought you was above questions like that. More of a question from "the darkside" like Fishnets.

Only way to get people to look at art on this site I reckon. : - )
  • Options
    But but but but but that is art !!! its not a pile of bricks ---- its not some sheep cut in half in a tank of vineger---- its not some beach hut-----its not a pile of old rubbish welded together. oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo look at the sheepcut in half in a tank of vineger must be art couldnt possibly be total total bollox .

Henry as with jazz i cant wait for the nite at a Jazz club when all the "really in the know people" stand up and clap like mad and the band say" hold on we was just tuning up you hip cats we aint started yet " id love it love if that happened (what ever happened to that guy ?)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]But but but but but that is art !!! its not a pile of bricks ---- its not some sheep cut in half in a tank of vineger---- its not some beach hut
    its not a pile of old rubbish welded together. oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo look at the sheepcut in half in a tank of vineger must be art couldnt possibly be total total bollox .

Henry as with jazz i cant wait for the nite at a Jazz club when all the "really in the know people" stand up and clap like mad and the band say" hold on we was just tuning up you hip cats we aint started yet " id love it love if that happened (what ever happened to that guy ?)

That was Norah Jones' dad Ravi Shankha (sp) at the Concert of Bangladesh.

Didn't realise you were the sole arbiter of what and isn't art. Handy to know for future reference.
  • Options
    Henry do u think a pile of bricks is art ? do you think a beach hut is art ? do you think that sheep cut in half is art ?

said before i just dont get "modern art" wouldnt matter to me if some Prof from Oxford explained it to me. Art is something you like or you dont its personal and not what your told it is.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Henry do u think a pile of bricks is art ? do you think a beach hut is art ? do you think that sheep cut in half is art ?

How do I know, you're the one who decides if things are art or not.

Better question is why you think they are not art and what constitutes art and what doesn't. Would help and educate the rest of us
  • Options
    Can you be more condescending?..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Henry as with jazz i cant wait for the nite at a Jazz club when all the "really in the know people" stand up and clap like mad and the band say" hold on we was just tuning up you hip cats we aint started yet " id love it love if that happened (what ever happened to that guy ?)[/quote]

You mean this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsQYzpOHpik
  • Options
    Why is that condescending?
  • Options
    Political Correctness gawn mad innit
  • Options
    FFS - this board is hilarious. We've got some right caricatures on here and no mistake.

FWIW, I think a lot of Modern Art is bollocks - but that's just it - that's MY opnion. Just because I think its crap, doesn't make it ACTUALLY crap. There is absolutely nothing condescending in anything that Henry said, it was just responding to an antagonistic post from a forum member. Condescending would have been "Oh never mind, you just don't 'get' what art actually is. I'm sure they never taught you properly in your state school"
  • Options
    Is that Charlie Dimmock?

Fraid it's a no from me.
  • Options
    Call me sensitive but "Would help and educate the rest of us " sounds like a veiled insult to me....but thats only my opinion..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]Call me sensitive but "Would help and educate the rest of us " sounds like a veiled insult to me....but thats only my opinion..

You're sensitive.
  • Options
    Allow me the honour of lowering the tone

She's a ginge

and therefore No
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: fatkit[/cite]Allow me the honour of lowering the tone

She's a ginge

and therefore No

No tone can be too low for this thread.

Fair enough but she is Venus, godess of love L U V so maybe well up for it.
  • Options
    wouldnt dream that i could educate someone as obviously highly educated as yourself Henry .

if i think its nt art then the key words would "i think". Opinion and all that. Where i tend to get twisted is , if someone TELLS me its art or someone TELLS me its music(jazz), then im likely to tell em to f**k off, i dont see it or hear it as either. If someone cuts a sheep in half they are a butcher not an artist ! if someone puts a nice pile of bricks together then they would be a Brick Layer not an artist. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" is it not ?

while we are at it Jazz/ modern art/ russian authors all shit !!

Not really into ginger but red heads mmmmmmmmmmmmmm (only women).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]wouldnt dream that i could educate someone as obviously highly educated as yourself Henry .

Thanks but I never made any claims to be better educated, formally or otherwise, than anyone else on here as it is irrelevant to what we are discussing.

[cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]

if i think its nt art then the key words would "i think". Opinion and all that. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" is it not ?
    while we are at it Jazz/ modern art/ russian authors all shit !!

But you don't see any contradiction in those two statements that you just made in the same post.
  • Options
    In HIS opinion...
  • Options
    i was just being as condesending as you.

"your the one who decides if its art or not" your words so i did------its all shit end of ! Close the Tate Modern dump all the "art" in a hole. Close all the jazz clubs and pulp all the books by Russian authors. Sorted aint it !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]

"your the one who decides if its art or not" your words so i did
    its all shit end of ! Close the Tate Modern dump all the "art" in a hole. Close all the jazz clubs and pulp all the books by Russian authors. Sorted aint it !

But a minute ago you were saying that "if i think its nt art then the key words would "i think". Opinion and all that. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" is it not ?"

Why the sudden change in your stance?
  • Options
    got to love the Friday discussions we get on here..
  • Options
    Why the sudden change in your stance?

Save your energy Henry, GH probably thinks Nikolai Gogol is a Russian search engine...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Why the sudden change in your stance?

Save your energy Henry, GH probably thinks Nikolai Gogol is a Russian search engine...

I don't think that is fair. GH has said that ALL Russian authors are rubbish so obviously he has read them all otherwise he couldn't have reached that conclusion.

I thought Cancer Ward and One Day in the life of Ivan Denisovitch were very strong books exposing the evil and brutality of Stalinist Russia and so would have been write up GH's street.

Not so keen on Tolstoy. Five pages of descriptions on each character no matter how minor do my head in.
  • Options
    Hell of a lot of pseudo intelligence on here today.

I've never read any russian author but it doesnt make me better or worse than anybody else.

Its friday, why not all chill and enjoy the weekend
  • Options

Every one know's he own's Portsmouth F.C ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]

Every one know's he own's Portsmouth F.C ;-)

LOL