Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Primus and Craine....??

edited September 2008 in General Charlton
How long have we got them for exactly????

The CAFC OS is reporting Craine is with us until the end of the year, but the Pompey OS says it's a season-long loan.

Thought both clubs would've learnt their lesson after the breakdown in communication over the Primus loan - the length of which still hasn't been confirmed.

Or has it??

Comments

• Options
    It'll all be clarified in due course.

The OS had a bit of a late night last night, so don't expect a response until they've had coffee.

;o)
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    The Sun was reporting a season long for Cranie, must be true then eh.. of course rushing it through last night means this could happen, otherwise what was the rush - shorter loans can be done after the window
  • Options
    Andy Burton (SSN) said Cranie rang him last night and said it was for the season.
  • Options
    Cranie for the season and Primus (Maybe) for 3 months
  • Options
    I would guess that Cranie can "return" in the transfer window only if Pompey accept an offer from another club to buy him.
  • Options
    Cranie's loan is to the end of 2008 - according to a report on the BBC Football website this morning.
  • Options
    Bad English from the BBC
    "Charlton also finalised a short-term loan deal for Cranie's fellow Pompey defender Linvoy Primus next week."

The loan deals are probably only until January, for one reason a season long loan does not allow for a recall. Harry and Pompey are just covering themselves and one or both will probably be extended for the rest of the season when they run down. Also i believe existing loans can be extended outside the window whilst new ones, unless deemed emergency, cannot be made.
  • Options
    then why rush the cranie deal through last night no need really was there..
  • Options
    I am sure a season long loan can allow for recall, at least providing there is a recall clause inserted, cfgs.

For example, Sam Sodje's season long loan from Reading last year contained a recall clause, which could have been exercised during the January transfer window.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]then why rush the cranie deal through last night no need really was there..

I think wants to have Cranie at least until Christmas rather than the start of December when the short term loan would have ended. Also he may have been more worried about extra competition for his signature once the window was closed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Linvoy in the reserves this afternoon away at QPR

Charlton team to play QPR: Elliot, Solly, Clark, Sinfield, Primus, Ambrose, Wright, Shelvey, Yussuff, Todorov, Fleetwood.
  • Options
    Info bar on OS says Cranie deal is for the season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Linvoy in the reserves this afternoon away at QPR

Charlton team to play QPR: Elliot, Solly, Clark, Sinfield, Primus, Ambrose, Wright, Shelvey, Yussuff, Todorov, Fleetwood.

Good to see him playing as well as Ambrose and Toddy.
  • Options
    That's a strongish line up... I'd say only Sinfield and Clark will not appear in a first team squad this season
  • Options
    Cranie is until the end of December, Pompey have changed it from season long to half season on their website.

Primus isn't on loan yet, he's 'on trial' so he can play for our reserves.
  • Options
    Mart, that's not right, I think you can still do short term loans and convert them into longer term ones anyhoo, so there really was no need.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Mart, that's not right, I think you can still do short term loans and convert them into longer term ones anyhoo, so there really was no need.

Apart from having him training with us for a week longer, preventing anyone else stepping in and stopping people moaning that we didn't have any cover at the back.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Mart, that's not right, I think you can still do short term loans and convert them into longer term ones anyhoo, so there really was no need.

Fair play, i always thought loans from 8th September were for a maximum of 93 days.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Thats what the OS says.

Pretty sure we had to sign him by midnight last night so it could be a half season loan, rather than an 'emergency loan' up to 93 days. That way we get him over the whole of Christmas.