Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Beckford to Charlton

edited August 2008 in General Charlton
There are rumours that we are after him for £500k. I don't get this as he is allegedly their star player with 2 goals yesterday, 7 this season, 20 last year and 9 in 17 on loan for Scunny the season before.Why would they let him go for £500K?

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/296519182?

Comments

• Can't imagine any truth in a rumour of Pardew signing a striker!

I think it's ballcocks mate
  • edited September 2008
    I can't imagine it's true, either. But the picture of the Leeds fan really disturbed me.

Dodgy Leeds fan
  • Carter were you being sarcastic?
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Carter were you being sarcastic?
    I don't understand why he would be?
  • well Pards is always buying Strikers essentially...
  • There is absolutely no way Leeds would sell him for 500k. They reportedly turned down 2m for him from Derby in pre-season.
  • Perhaps the deal is £500k + Jon Fortune ....?

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]I can't imagine it's true, either. But the picture of the Leeds fan really disturbed me.

Dodgy Leeds fan

From experience, he looks like one of their stewards ..............
  • Great signing he would be but do we need another striker
  • for our board to sanction this would have to be based on appearances, promotion and all sorts so i doubt it very much, given we need a defender and a wide player
  • Sponsored links:

• This has to be bollocks. He is one of the hottest properties in the lower divisions and is currently on fire. If he goes, they will be wanting nearer the £5M mark.

As much as I would love this to be true....