Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yoof speak

DA9DA9
edited August 2008 in Not Sports Related
Just spoke to my daughter (16), asking for money as usual, when I said yes, she said I was "sick"

Someone street, please explain, innit.

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Just spoke to my daughter (16), asking for money as usual, .

credit crunch hitting particularly hard in DA9
  • Options
    its a good term
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]its a good term

How can being sick be a good term, and even more worrying blood is how you know innit.
  • Options
    bro . safe man blood word

Sick = nauseated: feeling nausea; feeling about to vomit
  • Options
    DA9 my 12 year old said the same to me yesterday.

It's meant to mean good/thanks/great/etc - so I said why don't you say GOOD then I got that look of shut up dad ya mug.

I dunno
  • Options
    Sick=Wicked in my knowledge.
  • Options
    It's all very worrying, I used to rely on Goonerhater for my street slang, words like cool daddyo, hip, cool cat, things like that.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]its a good term[/quote]

How can being sick be a good term, and even more worrying blood is how you know innit.[/quote]

Look Blud i iz down wid da street get me bruv

My nieces all talk it i get my kids to explain , just glad they dont speak it to often
  • Options
    Sick = good, brill, wicked, cool, schweet, schweet as, awesome, bombdigity, icy, the bomb, the bees knees, major, mega, mental, raw, dope, phat, pimpin, ace, safe, copacetic, decent, groovy, dynamite, or whatever it was we all said in the 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s etc
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Sick = good, brill, wicked, cool, schweet, schweet as, awesome, bombdigity, icy, the bomb, the bees knees, major, mega, mental, raw, dope, phat, pimpin, ace, safe, copacetic, decent, groovy, dynamite, or whatever it was we all said in the 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s etc

You're down with the kids AFKA :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    perhaps she meant "sic.." latin for "thus."??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Sick = good, brill, wicked, cool, schweet, schweet as, awesome, bombdigity, icy, the bomb, the bees knees, major, mega, mental, raw, dope, phat, pimpin, ace, safe, copacetic, decent, groovy, dynamite, or whatever it was we all said in the 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s etc

Ahem, in the 60s we said "Thanks Dad" ;-)
  • Options
    i forgot the mutts nuts, the b***ocks, and the dogs b***ocks
  • Options
    Urk!...Languages...Evolving.....Must..Stop......Not...Natural..Course!

;)
  • Options
    You're a right cant...by that I mean you are a very nice bloke....;-)
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    best example for me (of yoof culture gone wrong) was those kids (boy band) who wore their trousers back to front, love it...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]best example for me (of yoof culture gone wrong) was those kids (boy band) who wore their trousers back to front, love it...

Kriss Kross
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Just spoke to my daughter (16), asking for money as usual, when I said yes, she said I was "sick"

Someone street, please explain, innit.[/quote]

i think it means that you'd better go and see a mental health professional
  • Options
    Bloody hell. First a 16 year old and now a 12 year old. If my daughter said that to me I'd put my money back in my pocket and tell her to jog on!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]best example for me (of yoof culture gone wrong) was those kids (boy band) who wore their trousers back to front, love it...

Says the man of many Val Doonican jumpers ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Hillsys Up[/cite]Bloody hell. First a 16 year old and now a 12 year old. If my daughter said that to me I'd put my money back in my pocket and tell her to jog on!!

But she said it after I had agreed to give her money, but I know what your saying, they dont live with me but are normally banned from street slang in the car or in my house, I wont have it.
  • Options
    I hope you sent her to bed without any supper....
  • Options
    She's actually going to Amadeus (sic) in Strood on Monday, teenagers night apparently, not overly happy about it but what can I do, all signs of growing up.
  • Options
    DONT LET HER GO TO AMADANGEROUS! its terrible. full of pikeys. well, used to be. Going back to the sick thing. Rap music and dizzee rascal is to blame for this terrible new lingo!!
  • Options
    Hate to put the frighteners on ya but my little brothers mate was stabbed in the face down at Amadeus on a teenagers night!
  • Options
    Carlsburg fella DA9 is already into sharpening the cutlery up when he picks little DA9 up let alone tell him there are Pikeys there !!

DA9 it could be worse fella might be people like me and thee there !!!!

nuff respect 2 ur blood, jah will look after her init.
  • Options
    all my daughter says to me is YER ALRIGHT,meaning I don't believe you and it drives me feckin mad.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Hillsys Up[/cite]Bloody hell. First a 16 year old and now a 12 year old. If my daughter said that to me I'd put my money back in my pocket and tell her to jog on!!

difference is Hillsy he wasn't after money. I'd just bought his psp home - he bought it with his birthday money not me - gave it to him and he went SICK.

Whatever.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]

difference is Hillsy he wasn't after money. I'd just bought his psp home - he bought it with his birthday money not me - gave it to him and he went SICK.

Whatever.

I suppose I'm just old before my time. My kids are 11 & 7 so I'll be walking into to all this once the eldest goes into secondary school next year. can't stand the street talk it drive's me mad.
  • Options
    There was a young couple on my train last night arguing in a foreign language (portuguese I think).....Every now and then, the female said "Whatever"...very strange.