Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pardew keen on Sunderland defender

edited August 2008 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/topsport/display.var.2435305.0.pardew_keen_on_sunderland_defender.php

Comments

• i thought Fleetwood had gone to Cheltenham?
  • Interesting that he says Primus trained this morning. Although everywhere says the deal is off!
  • Fleetwood never made it to Cheltenham in the end and is still an Addick. Talk about the Primus deal being off was wide of the mark.
  • press is saying Primus has signed guys..
  • BBC site has it that we have signed Primus until January.

Fleetwood NOT out on loan yet.

Interesting that Hull are also interested in ZZ and Pardew believes he will be off before Monday.

I'm 99% sure we will sign McShane by Monday.
  • I'm not sure on the Fleetwood thing ...

Would seem like he hasn't lived up to expectations, given we had been looking at him since Jan and he stayed on at Forest Green until the end of the season.

Seems a weird one really ...
  • I believe we can take loanees after the window ends anyway, its just that squads will be settled by that date so loans will start flowing..
  • Mcshane is not the answer IMHO. Pity we can't take Song back from Arsenal.
  • [cite]Posted By: CityAddick[/cite]Mcshane is not the answer IMHO. Pity we can't take Song back from Arsenal.

Them days are long gone i'm afraid. Personally i think McShane would be decent at this level and that's all i care about at the moment.
  • McShane i believe would be excellent. I know he looked a wee bit suspect last year, but came through uniteds youth ranks, i have some brighton pals who said he was the best player theyve had down there in years. With Linvoy only til Xmas i certainly think we could do with one more.
  • Sponsored links:

• I honestly though McShane looked a mug for West Brom and was surprised that Keane went for him. Particularly given his comments last week, I kind of suspect that he's a player with absolutely the wrong attitude and pay packet for us. If we were getting a Sunderland defender I'd have much rather had Anderson, but he's gone to Burnley, I think.
  • Keane has tried to sign every Paddy in football.

McShane is absolute JANK. Would nto improve our team AT ALL.

Would rather have Paddy McCarthy back.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]

Would rather have Paddy McCarthy back.

He'd only cost us £500k .......

;o)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]Keane has tried to sign every Paddy in football.

McShane is absolute JANK. Would nto improve our team AT ALL.

Would rather have Paddy McCarthy back.[/quote]

Easy Now!
  • edited August 2008
    Really think people should reserve judgement on McShane. Have seen him play a couple of times for West Brom and the Republic. Each time he looked a good solid player. Think he will certainly be an asset at this level.

He is being judged on poor performances in the Premier. When I saw him play for Sunderland he was out of position at right back.......

There is a huge difference between the two divisions. Hudson struggled at Fulham & Palace in the Premier - he looks class now.
  • Based on some Palace fans comments we could get Paddy back on a free.
  • [cite]Posted By: Maglor[/cite]Based on some Palace fans comments we could get Paddy back on a free.
    Lol!
  • [cite]Posted By: Maglor[/cite]Based on some Palace fans comments we could get Paddy back on a free.

and he'd still be too expensive!!... nice guy , good passion, just not good enough for the level we're at or want to be at
  • Ledge

Paddy has work to do before he can return nudge nudge wink wink
  • agent McCARTHY
  • Sponsored links:

• payback for Dowie
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Maglor[/cite]Based on some Palace fans comments we could get Paddy back on a free.

and he'd still be too expensive!!... nice guy , good passion, just not good enough for the level we're at or want to be at

Maybe we could get him back on loan, in case Fortune gets suspended for lumping that Ipswich centreforward ......
  • Perhaps the following is sufficient to force Pards to look elsewhere for his final defender:

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/3630887.Keane_won___t_let_players_go_cheap/

"ROY KEANE is ready to play hardball with clubs trying to land his Sunderland stars on the cheap.

The Black Cats manager admits he has been angered by some cheeky cut-price bids for his surplus squad members, and he has sent a clear message to interested managers that they must pay the going rate if they hope to follow up their interest.

Wolves have been told to double their £1.5m bid for defender Danny Higginbotham, while Stoke City target Dean Whitehead and Paul McShane, the centre-back who is wanted by Charlton Athletic, won’t be leaving for knockdown prices before the transfer window closes on Monday."

Also, more fulsome discussion of Fleetwood-Cheltenham loan move here: http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/sport/Fleetwood-keen-Cheltenham-switch/article-295067-detail/article.html

(Fleetwood initially turned down move; now reconsidering(?); Charlton must help with wages, etc. etc.)
  • aye but we want him on loan/so does that count as cut price? I don't expect any movement till after the window shuts.
  • BBC are saying McShane might be about to join Hull on loan.
  • MsShane gone to Hull. Thread closed.

;o)