Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Valley catering / team bar outside Covered End

edited August 2008 in General Charlton
Whilst waiting to collect the sponsorship money on Sat, i bought a small bottle of water from the independent tea bar outside the back of the Covered End.

When told it was something like £1.90, i had a grumble that they were taking the michael, and the lady behind the counter said 'i know love, i think it is disgusting. Take it it up with the club as they insist we sell at these prices'

Is that correct ??

Comments

• Options
    Are they the two that are right infront of the Covered End? I always thought the club run those
  • Options
    yep, those two.

I presumed they most pay a rent for the pitch, but could set what they charge and sell. Looks like i was wrong.

in that case....

oooiiii Club, £1.90 for a small bottle of water is disgusting, and won't be purchased again.

thank you :-)
  • Options
    Here's one for you then. I'm pretty certain that anyone who provides catering services to the public - such as a restaurant - is obliged to provide tap water free of charge when asked.

Bearing in mind the club provide catering in an enclosed environment on their premises inside the ground, are they legally obliged to do the same?

If they are I can't see them doing much of a trade on those bottles at £1.90 a pop in future!
  • Options
    not Peckham Spring but fresh outa the Kid Brook
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I think this is true in the licensed trade - pubs/bars restaurants etc, I'm not sure it applies to drinks kiosks at football grounds, I think the stipulation is that the free water must come from a running source so as to prevent contaminants infecting still water.

I think this law was brought in after someone died of thirst after having been refused a drink of water because he had no money.
  • Options
    I avoid the food & drink inside the ground with gusto, over priced rubbish IMO.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]I avoid the food & drink inside the ground with gusto, over priced rubbish IMO.

True had a burger once and it was the worst and most expensive one ever

Never again
  • Options
    Is gusto some sort of Italian mustard ?
  • Options
    Yes, proper mustard with the seeds in it.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]

I think this is true in the licensed trade - pubs/bars restaurants etc, I'm not sure it applies to drinks kiosks at football grounds, I think the stipulation is that the free water must come from a running source so as to prevent contaminants infecting still water.

Interestingly BFR, in many areas, when you sell food/drink from a kiosk inside a sporting stadium the whole of the stadium is taken as the "premises" for the purposes of that catering service.

For example, if you bought cold take away food from such a kiosk - and by that I mean food that was supposed to be cold, like a sandwich, rather than something that had just gone cold - then HMRC would want their slice of VAT from the price, which they wouldn't get if you bought the sandwich in, say, Pret's or Boots.

Also, I'm guessing that the clubs alcohol licence covers all of the lounges and concourses, so technically you are on "licensed premises" when you are at the game.

Where's "Oi Enry" when you need him - I'm sure he'd know.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Try asking one of the matchday catering staff for tap water and see what you end up with... Will never forget asking for pepper and being given a cardboard drinks tray
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    Will never forget asking for pepper and being given a cardboard drinks tray

LOL, i asked if they did chips once and got told 'yes, ready salted, cheese & onion or salt & vinegar' !