Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Curbs odds get shorter.....

After losing three nil... faubert looked like an absolute lemon on the weekend, Parker disinterested, noble sent off....

and a three nil smashing, I think hes gonna be out soon....

Comments

• in his interview last week on MOTD he said even if they were top at christmas some people wouldn't be happy....exactly........
  • praps .... praps....
  • that was my impression of Curbs incase no one noticed

; )

I dont think any of his players are hungry or angry at the mo and I think thats the main problem......

Ps I really like Curbs, just having a laugh
  • Retiring the No.6 shirt hasn't helped - we all know Curbs likes to have about a dozen centre halves! (who can also fill in at left wing, goalkeeper, fly half...)
  • I hope he doesn't get the boot until they are in deep trouble. Him and Merv always wanted to manage their beloved ammers.
    Lets see is they stick by them as long as we did. Somehow I don't think they'll get away with losing ten on the trot there!
    One premiership manager is going to get the sack this season, why not him? lol
  • 94th min before they had a shot . Think we have been there with Curbs towards the end of his time with us. Very long injury list ,again we have been there can that be just bad luck ?

Curbs went "home" to a bigger club to prove he could handle the bigger budgets and the bigger players. He has over spent on some sh*t there. Jury is out on him still at WHU but i think even if he is in mid table he could get the push.
  • If they bullet him then I'd have some dough on West Ham to drop. Happened last time Curbs left a club - even though many were happy to see him go at the time.
  • Curbs bashing yawn, political threads yawn.

Whats going on today we won FFS.
  • Shocker really after he kept them up, but that's the Whammies for you.
  • Don't forget ....... West Ham are going for the next level
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]

One premiership manager is going to get the sack this season, why not him? lol

No real interest in the Curbs / Wham stuff, but that line tickled me !
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Don't forget ....... West Ham are going for the next level

After winning the World Cup, what is the next level? ;-)
  • honestly

WHO CARES??????????????????????/
  • edited August 2008
    all the fans who want to see curbs fall on his face , the ones who said it would be good for our club if he goes, the ones who have categorically been proved wrong but live in hope of his demise elsewhere despite his miraculous achievments with charlton
  • Dont u look at how past players do ? even the ones your glad left ? as for Curbs he is our past but that dosnt mean i aint intrested inhow he does.
  • Exactly GH. The connections we have as a club with them as our rivals will always mean they are of interest to us - regardless of who's managing them. Factor in it's Curbs these days and of course we are going to be keeping an interested eye on things. For what it's worth my family are all Hammers and if Tevez hadn't kept them up (virtually singlehandedly IMO) most fans at Upton Park would have been happy to see him go a year ago.
  • Tevez didn't only keep them up singlehandedly, he did it ineligibly too.
  • and pardew and tevez helped keep them up with a great start to the season pre 'lucky' curbs arriving
  • edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]and pardew and tevez helped keep them up with a great start to the season pre 'lucky' curbs arriving

Maybe Curbs was able to get Tevez playing to his best granted (although from memory I don't think Curbs played him at all at first) but I'll argue 'till I'm blue in the face that if Tevez had been properly banned from playing they'd have gone down too regardless of how good or otherwise Curbs is. Christ, the way Tevez was playing that season I'D have kept them up! World class players can do that for a team you see, whereas our equivalent was Dennis :-(
  • From this evening's Standard, on the likely sale of Anton Ferdinand:

"Anton is up there talking to them. I've said all I'm going to on that subject. We have an important game tomorrow and I want to attack the Carling Cup like we did last season ...............................

..........because a Premier League club is going to win it."

26 August must be something of a record for the earliest utterance of this...
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Les Addicks[/cite]Maybe Curbs was able to get Tevez playing to his best granted (although from memory I don't think Curbs played him at all at first) but I'll argue 'till I'm blue in the face that if Tevez had been properly banned from playing they'd have gone down too regardless of how good or otherwise Curbs is. Christ, the way Tevez was playing that season I'D have kept them up! World class players can do that for a team you see, whereas our equivalent was Dennis :-(

so why did they sack pardew?
  • edited August 2008
    Easy. Because they panicked at being in the bottom 4/5 and at the time Mascherano & Tevez weren't playing at all or weren't playing as well as they did post-Christmas. Don't get me wrong having two players like that in the squad and not doing better doesn't reflect well on Pardew at all IMO but when Tevez settled in and got a run of games he was the one mostly responsible for them staying up not Curbs. Alternatively of course there may have been non-footballing reasons for AP leaving......
  • A Spammer ST holder works in the same building as me and he thinks Curbs' days are numbered.

They don't like his style of football even though he rescued them from relegation and finished comfortably mid table.

Hopefully they will get relegated if they sack him.
  • I'd just love it, love it, if they got relegated.
    Curbs-Charlton was the perfect marriage and despite joking about it I wish him well. But not them!!
  • edited August 2008
    I've nothing against Curbs ...other than I'd like him to be seen to take just a little more interest in The Addicks from time to time.......I appreciate he can't be seen to go OTT, so nothing in yer face if you know what I mean but just a subtle little comment here and there to let us know that he has a bit of us stamped across his heart!
    I remember when he first left us he'd quite often mention us on TV and in interviews, but nowadays there's nothing coming across.I realise that time passes on and indeed he's under immense pressure from other angles....but the odd mention here and there wouldn't go amiss, from my perspective anyway.
  • and shorter macclesfield 1 up
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]I've nothing against Curbs ...other than I'd like him to be seen to take just a little more interest in The Addicks from time to time.......I appreciate he can't be seen to go OTT, so nothing in yer face if you know what I mean but just a subtle little comment here and there to let us know that he has a bit of us stamped across his heart!
    I remember when he first left us he'd quite often mention us on TV and in interviews, but nowadays there's nothing coming across.I realise that time passes on and indeed he's under immense pressure from other angles....but the odd mention here and there wouldn't go amiss, from my perspective anyway.

He's got a job at another company now ...........
  • What remains to be seen is whether he'll walk before he's pushed. His body language and the odd remark suggests to me that he knows his days are numbered. If he goes I hope they get relegated because firstly all this "West Ham" way which has resulted in them winning f"ck all for yonks and seemingly is going to do for Curbs, secondly for being allowed to remain in the Division despite telling porkies about the Argies and finally for signing players they couldn't afford on inflated wages for which the Eggman and those who backed him must take the blame.
  • [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite] I hope they get relegated because firstly all this "West Ham" way which has resulted in them winning f"ck all for yonks

cmon bing they won the world cup in 66' ;o)

what a bunch of delusional east london mugs