Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Seagull vs. Pigeon

WSSWSS
edited August 2008 in Not Sports Related
Just above the Cittie of Yorke pub on High Holborn there is a clock.

Many a day i look out of my window and see pigeons on the top of the clock minding their own business.

Approximately 10 minutes ago a seagull swooped, grabbed the pigeon by the neck and shook it to death. For the past 15 mins he has been feasting on said pigeon and has a beak covered in blood.

Is this normal? Seagull on pigeon violence?

Comments

• Options
    yep, seagulls are well know for it
  • Options
    Seagulls will attack humans if they consider their young to be in danger.

P'raps (as Curbs would say) the pigeon was near the seagull's young although I'd have thought it is quite late for nesting birds.
  • Options
    Yep - they're ****ers. One of them shat on me when I was on holiday in Devon a couple of weeks ago - we were having a barbecue and I swear the vicious little **** waited until he was sure there was no chance he could snarf some grub and dumped on me - then sat on the roof opposite rubbing it in.

I've also seen them attacking people in the street before.
  • Options
    Not sure if its normal but can you send it round the corner so it can feast on the two inbred erm shall we say friendly pigeons that my colleague now calls my pets who sit just outside my window at work. Its not far about 2 mins away from where you work. Tempted to take an air rifle to them.

Someone once told me that Seagulls have been known to attack small breeds of dogs like Yorshire puddings and attempt to make off with them before dropping them to there death. It could of course be one of those urban myths.
  • Options
    Yorkshire Puddings?!
  • Options
    I'd get yourself an umbrella if I was you Westside

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/3166771.stm
  • Options
    A pigeon once shat on my jacket that I used as a goal post at school.

Revenge is a dish best served sweet my feathered friend.
  • Options
    Seagulls are evil. On Sussex Campus it's not unusual to see one flying straight at someone holding a sandwich. I haven't been part of such an attack, but it certainly looks pretty scary.
  • Options
    Seagulls ? ....... we call him Shitehawks, down here in Sunny Cornwall.

They'll snatch chips from your fingers before you can eat them.
    Looe and St Ives probably the worst places for Shitehawk terrorist extremists.
  • Options
    Let's not forget the one that shat on Stu at Brighton...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i thought that was blackpool medders?

we can hear seagulls now outside home which is odd to hear in the mornings as it lulls you into thinking you're on holiday.
  • Options
    That was a seawhale that SAT on Stu
  • Options
    That's disgusting Curb it!
  • Options
    Nope, he got done by another big bird at Brighton too... ;-)
  • Options
    exactly!
  • Options
    I was once in a Panto of Sinbad The Sailor. One of the bits of dialogue involving some pirates went something like this

Pirate A "Pigeons, Pigeons on the starboard bow Cap'n"

Captain "Them's not Pigeons, them's Gulls"

Pirate A "Boys or Gulls, them's definitely Pigeons"

Coat please...........:-)
  • Options
    Seagull sweat is highly acidic and contributes significantly to coastal erosion.