Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grumpy Old Gits ?

Is there any age when you officially get to be a Grumpy Old Git ? or Gitess ?

Now i know im an GoG and probably become one at about 15, but for the normal people when do u go from "moaner" to Grumpy old Git ?

PS edited see thats wot word blindness does.

Comments

• Options
    if you mean grumpy, then probably when people bought a charlton athletic season ticket or signed up for charlton life membership i should imagine.
  • Options
    its your life telling you need to do something new, or have a change of scenery - if you do things too long you can get cynical, I suggest a new hobby, meet new people - needlecraft perhaps?
  • Options
    ...but if you mean gummy then probably when your teeth start to fall out
  • Options
    moving to / living in Sydenham helps.......
  • Options
    think when i got too unfit to bend and pick tv remote up just sort of roll of floor....just then get moody and grumpy...then again dont help country going down hill fast
  • Options
    I went into a tailspin when a pint hit two quid, and haven't really come round, so I'm probably a GoG for life.
  • Options
    On occassions I may fall into the GOG category......but I can still put my socks on without sitting down.
  • Options
    I think you become a grumpy old git when you feel comfortable accossting random stranges and moaning at them about the state of the world/country/government etc and are convinced they will be interested in your point of view.

It is less about age and more a state of mind
  • Options
    I think it's more of a nostalgia thing - thinking that modern society is automatically worse than it was way back, while forgetting that the grumpy gits of yeaterday were lamenting how standards habe fallen from when they were kids etc.