Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Isaac Hayes found dead

US singer-songwriter Isaac Hayes has died at his home in Memphis, Tennessee, at the age of 65, police said.

Police were called to Mr Hayes' home after his wife found him unconscious. He was taken to hospital where he was pronounced dead at 1408 (1908 GMT).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7552986.stm

RIP Chef...

Comments

• Options
    I loved his chocolate salty balls..

RIP.
  • Options
    It would take a lot of chocolate salty balls for them to show the South Park episode where he 'leaves' the show following them all falling out over scientology...

Still, the man was certainly a soul legend. RIP
  • Options
    I'm going to watch that very episode tonight, as a tribute.
  • Options
    Soul man and legend.

Great song writer and producer for much of the early Stax material such as Hold On I'm Coming.

Never liked much of his later stuff like Hot Buttered Soul as too over blown for my tastes but Shaft was a great soundtrack.
  • Options
    Have you seen it before?

Its not exactly respectful!
  • Options
    Classic episode & a big shame they had a fall out as Chef was a great character. Not exactly respectful in the way they "killed" him off but lovely touch in the speech at the end.
  • Options
    also sad that bernie mac passed away over the weekend too,i used to enjoy his show.
  • Options
    was found lying beside his treadmill. Always thought exercise was dangerous for you. RIP.
  • Options
    was found lying beside his treadmill. Always thought exercise was dangerous for you. RIP.