Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Walking Wounded

edited August 2008 in General Charlton
Any word on the injured players?.

Word was that Holland, Weaver & Todorov wouldall be training from Tuesday this week.....I am assuming Todorov is still a way from being considered for a first team place.

More worrying is the Hudson situation. The seem very quiet re: his ankle. Be interesting to see what happens if he is out.

Still if the Kaboul to Pompey deal goes through it might allow Cranie to join. Would he walk straight into the team though?

Comments

• Options
    He would if there's no one else ......
  • Options
    i think todorov is a few games off of full fitness and think dickson should be on the bench 4 the first few games and put tod in the 2nd string 4 a couple of run outs.and think if holland is fit they should put racon beside him and shelvey on the bench.
  • Options
    I think its more likely that Holland will start next to Shelvey,with Racon on the bench. Hope to see Dickson get more than the last ten minutes.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I hope racon and shelvey start. Central midfield was the only thing that worked against bilbao. And an unfit 34 year old is not what we need there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Any word on the injured players?.

Word was that Holland, Weaver & Todorov wouldall be training from Tuesday this week.....I am assuming Todorov is still a way from being considered for a first team place.

More worrying is the Hudson situation. The seem very quiet re: his ankle. Be interesting to see what happens if he is out.

Still if the Kaboul to Pompey deal goes through it might allow Cranie to join. Would he walk straight into the team though?

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Hudson before now. It looks like it's going to be an 11th Hour decision on his injured ankle.

Hudson's Injury

Oh Gawd...Just had a thought. Faye and Fortune will be our centre backs if Huddy doesn't make it.

:o (
  • Options
    I see goals on Saturday.

Whether Hudson plays or not, he's not going to be 100% and nor will our defence be as a result.

I would really like to see Shelvey and Racon start on Saturday, though i have a feeling Holland will be pushed straight back in if he is close to making it. Could be pretty demoralising for someone like Racon, if he has a good pre-season, then gets pushed out straight away. We'll never know if he has a chance for the future if he don't get a bit of faith shown in him.