Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ATM and ink on my notes

edited August 2008 in Not Sports Related
Just got 3 x £10 from a LINK ATM, not within a bank. Each note has blue ink covering the bottom half what shall I do ??? Are this still 'legal'. Havnt tried to spend them yet as I dont want to look a fool if they reject them.

Comments

• Options
    Go down the pub and spend it - before the Fraud Squad get you.......!

;o)
  • Options
    i bet it was the fella from the petition website he has tricked yo 2wice tongy
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Just got 3 x £10 from a LINK ATM, not within a bank. Each note has blue ink covering the bottom half what shall I do ??? Are this still 'legal'. Havnt tried to spend them yet as I dont want to look a fool if they reject them.

At least you won't get caught red handed.
  • Options
    But the Thin Blue Line will get you ....... ;o)
  • Options
    What kind of ink? What's the marking? Are they used notes or crisp-ish new ones? Was it one of the machines that charges £2.50 or a free one?
  • Options
    Blimey, F-Blocker, you sound like the missus .....!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Blimey, F-Blocker, you sound like the missus .....!
    well, he hasn't made it clear what the marks are - I used to work in the cash office at Safeway in Blackfen and we'd write on the notes sometimes. We also saw loads of notes come through with all sorts of markings on. The question here is whether or not this is "printing" ink?
  • Options
    Use them in the self serve machines in Sainsburys / Tescos/ Asda etc...
  • Options
    I am sure the notes are fine. Just spend them. You might have a problem if you have the same red ink on your hands and clothes though.

If you have any problems I am sure AFKA can get you some nice new ones from the Bank of England. You can send torn and damaged noted in to the B of E and get refunds if necessary.