Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jon Gaunt

edited August 2008 in Not Sports Related
Sorry to bring this up here but if Bernie can go on about cavity insulating and fences ... well.

But this morning Jon Gaunt congratulates the o2 on being a superb venue etc, etc ... but ends up saying "When it was the Millenium Dome" etc, etc ...

Why can't people be positive without throwing in a negative for good measure. We all know about the Dome, but it's the Ying and the Yang ...

Comments

• Options
    that gaunt is a class 1 grade a C*** little squeaky brummy prick anyway.

Always has to dig out listeners by saying I got this and i got that i drive a Jag got a 6 bedroom house.. Want to punch the fat little twat.

But make you right riscardo
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Love Jon gaunt id make him PM and punch those that hate him, (smiley thingy)

why read the Sun you know what gona be init ?
  • Options
    The guy that picks me up in the morning is a talksport listener, most of the morning presenters are nothing more than fat old dinasaurs/ personification of the Express or Mail, moaning how the old day used to be better, it's unitentionally hillarious... Brazil was moaning about how he got done for 'drink driving' the other day and that police should be out catching real criminals! Gaunt is the funniest of the lot, 3 hours of bitter ranting by a man out of touch with the modern world, although i remember one time when he was talking about 'moral obligation' one caller asked if he felt he had any 'moral obligation' to pay back lenders when his business went bust a few years ago and he was declared bankrupt, he was geniunely speachless, before cutting the caller off and ranting about him not understanding business law. The Ian Wright show in the afternoon is a decent listen that said.

Back to your original point Riscardo... it's total ingrained in the British Pscyhe. We all do it.
  • Options
    I'm with GH, I like Gaunty.

The Dome was a disaster and he is praising the way it has been turned into a top class venue. What's wrong with that?
  • Options
    it was only a disaster as the media panned it from the beginning. I don't know many people who went and visited it that didn't like it. I thought it was awesome. I know lots of people who didn't go as "they heard it was rubbish" from where? the newspapers of course.
  • Options
    i don't read the sun GH haven't read it since my dad was part of the wapping move or wasn't more to the point.

when he;s on the radio he's a n asshole . yeah I agree with a lot of what he says but he then sits there gloating about what he earns etc . Yrah right man of the people.
  • Options
    come on fella u know as well as i do they get theses people to write their stuff knowing it will hit either the yes right on comrades or the invade poland now types. always have always will.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Love Jon gaunt

There's a surprise. : - (
  • Options
    that cov.twit was the reason i stopped listening to GLR/Radio London afew years back. now he's turning people off Talksport. as the point was made earlier,did he pay back all the money he owed when he was declared bankrupt ?
    another geezer who i can't listen to is Adrian Durham. Talksport could be compulsive listening without those two.
  • Options
    Jon Gaunt can give some good opinions, but it gets totally lost in the fact that he will shout all people down who do not agree with him, point out he has a big car and a big house, and his voice makes him sound thick. Not a patch on Mike Dickin.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Typical Talksport host. Its how they do things.

The Dome had unrealistic targets to meet from word go and never looked likely to meet them. It was still the biggest UK tourist attraction in 2000. It is worth remembering the Blackwall Peninsular pre 2000, derelict and poisoned ground. If the Dome had been built north of the river the Evening Standard, Mail, etc would have loved it. A waste of money it may have been (not my opinion) but at least it was wasted in our back yard.
  • Options
    The other thing that people dont realise is u could not drive to the Dome. Those huge mega car carks and u had to go by public transport or park and then get a bus. One of the places over the water was park in Golders Green and get a coach.
    Of course £600mil could and should have been better spent but it was the top attraction of the melenium.
  • Options
    The biggest problem for the Dome, was the free tickets to school kids, which instantly gave Parents an excuse not to go, and they lost those visitor numbers, that was pretty much the killer
  • Options
    sorry, but how did we get from that right-wing twit (with an i) to the dome ?
    for the record tho' , i never went to see the dome in 2000 and do slightly regret it now.
    i suppose its the old " its on your doorstep" so you never bother; i use tower bridge sometimes when i have to go north of the water,but i can't remember ever going on the tour beneath and above.
    anyway, at least gaunts off for 2 weeks and we've got bromleys finest (Mr Ian Collins) for awhile.........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]sorry, but how did we get from that right-wing twit (with an i) to the dome ?
    for the record tho' , i never went to see the dome in 2000 and do slightly regret it now.
    i suppose its the old " its on your doorstep" so you never bother; i use tower bridge sometimes when i have to go north of the water,but i can't remember ever going on the tour beneath and above.
    anyway, at least gaunts off for 2 weeks and we've got bromleys finest (Mr Ian Collins) for awhile.........

Er, the original post was about gaunts comments on the 02/ Dome ...
  • Options
    Anyway, Gaunt is a front bottom
  • Options
    sorry Riscardo, yer right.
    its just that people like gaunt get me REALLY ANGRY AND I FORGET WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT AND TEND TO SHOUT OVER EVERBODY ELSE AND THEIR OPINIONS !
    oh sh*t, must go and take ahappy pill. ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]sorry Riscardo, yer right.
    its just that people like gaunt get me REALLY ANGRY AND I FORGET WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT AND TEND TO SHOUT OVER EVERBODY ELSE AND THEIR OPINIONS !
    oh sh*t, must go and take ahappy pill. ;-)

I think that is his/talksport's intention. It gets people listening even if they have know interest in the subject.
  • Options
    Talksport is toss.
  • Options
    I notice Gaunt has been suspended by talksport
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't mention his name on here. ;-)
  • Options
    why is that then
  • Options
    he's one of those typical radio presenters who can come up with some bang on things and won't be rolled over by some of the supposedly more intelligent people who come onto his show but unfortunately he is rude beyond belief when there is no need to be and always believes he is right.

Once when he was still on BBC LDN he set out a whole mornings topic about how despite only just bringing in the 0208 and 0207 codes for london that they were gonna now change the codes again to things like 0202 and 0203 , I rang in and spoke to him to make him aware that the new code for london which was brought in was 020 and everyone in london actually had an 8 digit number now so they weren't changing codes just adding new one . He tried to argue with me about it despite it being fact and then got angry probably cos I'd just ruined his mornings programme ten minutes into it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]it was only a disaster as the media panned it from the beginning. I don't know many people who went and visited it that didn't like it. I thought it was awesome. I know lots of people who didn't go as "they heard it was rubbish" from where? the newspapers of course.
    I went twice and thought the Dome was great! The O2 on the other hand is a bland, soulless, über-franchised useless mall with an oversized arena.
  • Options
    Gaunt is an arse

I'm far from being a leftie but he gives people like me who are proud of being British yet aren't far right and racist a bad name

I hope The Sun sack him, poor mans Littlejohn
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]he's one of those typical radio presenters who can come up with some bang on things and won't be rolled over by some of the supposedly more intelligent people who come onto his show but unfortunately he is rude beyond belief when there is no need to be and always believes he is right.

Is he a poster on here?..
  • Options
    I know who someone (waves) who used to work at BBC London while Gaunt was there.

He was universally H.A.T.E.D by every single person that worked there.

He's a smug overweight bankrupt.
  • Options
    so once again to NLA's question why has he been suspended ?
  • Options
    Called someone a Nazi on air
  • Options
    naughty boy