Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Suprised nobody has commented on

2»

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Blimey only Three seperate Threads on Rangers failure in Europe,,, Yawn. Still the team to have won the SPL the most times FACT. Domestic Treble beckons, Celtic can concentrate on being eliminated in the First Group stage which has happened ...oooh not sure is it 9 out of 10 times, I am sure someone will correct me on that stat. :-)

and they'll be £12m better off for it as well.

Problem for Scottish football is they could end up with a PSV type situation, where one club has all the CL goodies and spends there way to the title every year.

Not that Scottish football isn't already so ****ing dull
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Blimey only Three seperate Threads on Rangers failure in Europe,,, Yawn. Still the team to have won the SPL the most times FACT. Domestic Treble beckons, Celtic can concentrate on being eliminated in the First Group stage which has happened ...oooh not sure is it 9 out of 10 times, I am sure someone will correct me on that stat. :-)

Tell me Paul, just how sour are those grapes you are eating?

C'mon, you and all the other Teddy Bears would have been all over the site if the result had happened to Celtic and at least one of those three threads was started by a Hun Gers fan.

*walks off humming "it's a grand ol' team to play for"*
  • Not Sure how stating a fact can be interpreted as sour grapes but hey have read plenty of drivel from you grey & green hoop lot today, so no real surprise :-)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Not Sure how stating a fact can be interpreted as sour grapes but hey have read plenty of drivel from you grey & green hoop lot today, so no real surprise :-)[/quote]

Take your ribbing like a man. I'll be ready when the wheel turns and you are dishing out. : - )

Tims and facts.....like oil and water..
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Blimey only Three seperate Threads on Rangers failure in Europe,,, Yawn. Still the team to have won the SPL the most times FACT. Domestic Treble beckons, Celtic can concentrate on being eliminated in the First Group stage which has happened ...oooh not sure is it 9 out of 10 times, I am sure someone will correct me on that stat. :-)

and they'll be £12m better off for it as well.

Problem for Scottish football is they could end up with a PSV type situation, where one club has all the CL goodies and spends there way to the title every year.

Not that Scottish football isn't already so ****ing dull

And you watch alot of it then?..
  • Pub League - End of!
  • [cite]Posted By: Morts-Genius[/cite]Pub League - End of!

As mentioned, Rangers reached the final of the UEFA cup this season (as did Sellick a couple of years ago) so it doesn't look good on the English teams that were in it.............but don't let facts get in the way.
  • [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Morts-Genius[/cite]Pub League - End of!

As mentioned, Rangers reached the final of the UEFA cup this season (as did Sellick a couple of years ago) so it doesn't look good on the English teams that were in it.............but don't let facts get in the way.

Millwall got into the FA Cup final a few years ago...
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Morts-Genius[/cite]Pub League - End of!

Millwall got into the FA Cup final a few years ago...

Doesn't say much about us then...
  • Sponsored links:

• why this continued weird love-in for scottish football on a charlton board ....odd
  • I think we should ban all talk of SPL teams on here

(until the Gers are top of the league or have just gumped the tims the day before, until then it should be banned)

Oi Henry.......shut it :-)

Fishnets - taking a sheep supporting mate up in November, cant wait to frighten the life out of him.
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]why this continued weird love-in for scottish football on a charlton board ....odd

I was just thinking the same? I wonder how many Scotish supporters support one of the top teams in England?
  • well few Dundee fellas watch Charlton from time to time.

bumped into some Aberdean chaps after the Hull home game last year.
  • edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]why this continued weird love-in for scottish football on a charlton board ....odd

I was just thinking the same? I wonder how many Scotish supporters support one of the top teams in England?
    Liverpool and Man Utd have big following north of the border.

Sadly the sectarian element does attract a lot of people to the old firm clubs.
  • I can understand Liverpool because they've had a few Scots playing for the throughout the years like King Kenny & Hansen, and I suppose Man Utd have got Fergie. I just wondered why so many English supporters have a Scotish team that they follow?
    I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, I just find it strange.
  • I know plenty of Dundee & Rangers fans who follow Charlton, Dundee lads have been going since the 80's.

Up there, as down here, supporters of clubs that I know personallly, Gers, Motherwell, Dundee & Dundee Utd, all have English clubs they support down here, and I would think its the same for most of the clubs up there, for instance, Aberdeen have a lot of Spurs fans, ***tic have a lot of Man Utd etc, as do Hibs.
  • edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]So how did magic get on?
    Still he can play in the ufea cup. ;-0)

No he can't. They don't even get a UEFA Cup place now. Queen of the South do, though!
  • [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]I think we should ban all talk of SPL teams on here

(until the Gers are top of the league or have just gumped the tims the day before, until then it should be banned)

Oi Henry.......shut it :-)

Fishnets - taking a sheep supporting mate up in November, cant wait to frighten the life out of him.

Are they playing Aberdeen?..
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]I can understand Liverpool because they've had a few Scots playing for the throughout the years like King Kenny & Hansen, and I suppose Man Utd have got Fergie. I just wondered why so many English supporters have a Scotish team that they follow?
    I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, I just find it strange.
    A lot of English players have played for Rangers!

Due to the poor quality of the Scottish League I think most armchair support type Scots support an English side rather than a Scottish one.
  • Sponsored links:

• CommentAuthorWeegie Addick CommentTime3 hours ago edited permalinkquote
    Posted By: guinnessaddick
    So how did magic get on?
    Still he can play in the ufea cup. ;-0)

No he can't. They don't even get a UEFA Cup place now. Queen of the South do, though!

Shock, horror, I didn't know that ;-0)