Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Do we really have to release ZZ to go to the Olymics?

edited July 2008 in General Charlton
It seems the big boys are fighting back...

Barca story on BBC website

Comments

• I don't think you would ever see him again if we tried to stop him going. He is captain of the host nation, a great honour and we should be pleased for him.
  • He is captain of his country at the Olypics being held in his own country - of course we should let him play; it could be the proudest time of his life.
  • Does anyone know though he the system works in these instances.

Do we still pay him all the time he is unavailable to us. Do we get any compensation back from the various FA's while players are on prolonged international duty ? If players are injured on international duty, is compensation received off the usual club insurance, or are the FAs liable ?
  • that's all Steve Waggott would need. 3 months in the job and getting a chip chop note and the triads baying for blood.

let him play
  • I agree, we should let him play - was just putting the question out there.

I'm not sure about who pays his wages, but re. injuries, I believe the national FA's are liable. Didn't the English FA have to pay about £8m to Newcastle when Michael Owen was injured in the 2006 World Cup?
  • If Football is like the other sports at the Olympics, then the sports men do not get paid by the country they represent
  • Don't really care much about ZZ's Olympic aspirations etc. What I do care about is someone we might need at Charlton who is likely to aggravate his already dodgy physical condition and end up beng useless for us. That I do resent.
  • Nadou come on matey.....I feel a little bit proud for ZZ myself....and when I last looked I wasn't Chinese!
  • Nothing about being Chinese. Just that I care more about CAFC than I do about one individual's desire to be in the Olympics. He and they don't matter to me, CAFC does.
  • Im really glad. Hopefully someone will think he's the mutts nutts at the olympics, offer us a couple of million and we can keep madjid. Still think he was the biggest problem with our team last year.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: blackheathaddick[/cite]Im really glad. Hopefully someone will think he's the mutts nutts at the olympics, offer us a couple of million and we can keep madjid. Still think he was the biggest problem with our team last year.

Yeah, it was all his fault pumping long balls up to Iwelumo, and there was me thinking it was going over his head, made basic defensive errors all the time, and signing all those crap loan players, should have left it to Pardew....bloody zz eh!