Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Well with all of them interested lets at least make it a bidding war and get it up to £3mill, 75% up front
  • would soften the blow if we got top dollar due to a bidding war. The Baggies defence certainly needs strengthening.
  • why 75%

Lets at least get the full amount or no deal
  • If this is true, exactly what needed to happen for us. We may be abe to command an extra 1/4 to 1/2 a million and not haveto accept b*llsh*t instalment payments. It's not like he's a 10 mill + player.
  • [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]why 75%

Lets at least get the full amount or no deal

normally half up front, half in a years time.
  • we have told the World we r potless. They tell us how and wot we will get, when we get it. We are in no way in the driving seat.
  • not so sure or praps boughie wda gone, more like they're available but only at right price
  • Hope he stays tbh, but i guess if we need the money...
  • Looks like it's happening, then

Boogy a Baggie
  • Bugger, Boogy a Baggie!
  • Sponsored links:

• Arse.

Does that mean that Fortune will be one of our starting CBs?

I chuffing hope not.
  • Only 2 centre backs.

3 full backs

And Semedo can play there but prefer him in the middle

Less than 2 weeks till the start it's hardly a promising sign of the season to come that we are short at the back.
  • Ratherr this happened now than the 31st August.

Good luck if it happens Magic, you've conducted yourself impeccably in this.
  • Feckin Hell how grim is this gettin
  • As WSS says, at least it's not the end of August - plenty of time to get in reinforcements (if we can afford them, of course).

Having said that, if we recoup the £2.5m spent on him then I would say we'll have done pretty well as I personally don't think he's all that 'Magic'.
  • When he's fit he is, just a shame he was injured for us a lot
  • [cite]Posted By: AllLeftFoot[/cite]As WSS says, at least it's not the end of August - plenty of time to get in reinforcements (if we can afford them, of course).

That's as feckin annoying as saying at least we are fifth,in the end being fifth for ever meant feck all.
  • Who'll be next ? i wonder...
  • Don't like the sound of a deal worth over £2m, would prefer £2.5m with add ons to £3m
  • That is incredibly disheartening... if Magic is being unloaded for a deal worth over 2 million quid, then it seems like a fire sale (as there was apparently other interest and the transfer window doesn't close for over a month), and that there will be little in the way of reinforcements for those departing. On the bright side, Amdy Faye remains on the wage bill.
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Don't like the sound of a deal worth over £2m, would prefer £2.5m with add ons to £3m[/quote]

Depends on our circumstances, this will free up funds for a couple of new arrivals to be unveiled on friday? on the pitch.
  • edited July 2008
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Feckin Hell how grim is this gettin

Why is this any more grim than it was weeks ago? He was clearly going to be sold to Betis, that deal fell through and now he's signing for a Prem club.
  • [cite]Posted By: collegeparkaddick[/cite]That is incredibly disheartening... if Magic is being unloaded for a deal worth over 2 million quid, then it seems like a fire sale (as there was apparently other interest and the transfer window doesn't close for over a month), and that there will be little in the way of reinforcements for those departing. On the bright side, Amdy Faye remains on the wage bill.

any other clubs interested would have shown their hand by now. I trust that we will get the best deal that we can.
  • Perhaps we can use Faye in a buy one get one free deal with Bougy.
  • another one of Pardew's astute signings - herre one season and gone.
  • [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]another one of Pardew's astute signings - herre one season and gone.

Hardly Pardew's fault he has to be sold to balance the books!
  • tend to disagree there Al it is exactly Pardews fault ,if he had made a better fist of it last year he wouldn't be sold.I agree not a bad signing originally but he wouldn't be going he we had performed last year.
  • It looks 99% certain he is going.

Lets wait and see who has been lined up to replace him before get too excited.

If he goes, expect a replacement to be announced very quickly.
  • This rally is getting silly now. I understand that we need to balance the books and i understand that but we should at least be getting what we paid for him back. In a deal worth over 2million will be with bloody add ons.
  • I expect the Board are not only looking to get money from his transfer fee - but, apart from Faye, he must be amongst the highest earners left at the club.

So the Board see the Boogie sale as bringing in substantial cash ....... and saving substantially on his wages.
    Double benefit.