Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

A good 9 hole golf course...

Can anyone recommend a good 9 hole golf course that's not too far away?

i am trying to get into golf after years of flirting with it. I normally play Lullingstone but i think that i need to stop playing in my comfort zones.

I really do like Lullingstone though....

Comments

• Cray Valley is pretty easy....
  • Eltham Warren - Nice course. Not too long and tough
    Hever Castle has a 9 hole and and 18 hole - but is tough
  • [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Eltham Warren - Nice course. Not too long and tough
    Hever Castle has a 9 hole and and 18 hole - but is tough

Are they open to the general public though?
  • Im sure Eltham Warren offer Green Fees mate. Ring the Pro Shop and ask.
  • Upchurch 9 Holes 1 long 8th 600+ yards good test quite open not to many shots can go ob twilight £10
  • cheers peeps.
  • Lullingstone was a favourite of mine when I used to play
  • If you are in your comfort zone at Lullingstone's 9-hole then you'll struggle to find a tougher challange locally.
    I am fairly certain you need a member to play with at Eltham Warren, cracking little course though.
    Twilight at Chelsfield Lakes is only £9.99, no 9-hole anymore but just play till it's dark!
    You can get on at Royal Blackheath in the evenings too if you want to pay through the nose.
  • [url=]Link

Try this mate
  • nice one Dan.

lots of new fairways to hack the life out of.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Try Barnehurst.

short but tricky 9 holer/ Only 1 par 5 but plenty of trees to catch the erant waywood shot.

Honed my short game there which helped me to 34 points (off 21) today round the Buckinghamshire on a corporate do.
  • Phuket Country Club. Trickiest nine hole course I've ever played.

Not too far away ...... from me.
  • Thamesmead
  • [cite]Posted By: Bangkokaddick[/cite]Phuket Country Club. Trickiest nine hole course I've ever played.

Not too far away ...... from me.

sounds allot nicer than Cray Valley!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]Thamesmead

And the stolen/dumped cars are classed as a unmovable hazard, or 1 penalty stroke. ;-)
  • the best one i know is Godstone, excellent course, allows you to go round twice if you like and not as tough as Lullingstone.
  • Eltham Warren

The only course I have been thrown off because of ordinary socks with shorts mid 1990's with a member playing a round apparently I need need knee length socks... - just walked off the course got in my car and left what arseholes - to be honest I have hardly played at all since.
  • Addington Court = £10
  • Whitstable. It might be a bit far but it's an easy (ish) course and it's right next to the sea.