Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The price of diesel

has dropped by 1p at my local

I was in shock this morning

Comments

• there's a price war going on - Sainsbury's and Morrison's dropped by 3 or 4 p a litre yesterday owing to reduction in oil prices

I wonder if all will follow suit!
  • The government should counter this and put more tax on it.
  • Yeah just seen this on the BBC site

That the David Miles, Asda's trading director, said: "We are seeing a more stable reduction in oil prices, allowing us to pass on the savings to customers.

"We urge other retailers to follow our lead at a time when customers need as much help as possible."

Good on them lets hope it keeps going that way but i doubt it
  • Needs to come down, reports of fuel being stolen already around here. New way for the local hooligans to earn their drug/drink money!
  • Always go to Supermarket for Petrol normally at least 7p or 8p cheaper a litre for Super unleaded than the normal Ripoff crew of Shell, Esso, Texaco, Jet etc etc
  • Great news. It cost me £92 to fill up the other day. Grrrrrr
  • [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Great news. It cost me £92 to fill up the other day. Grrrrrr
    You can afford it Dan! ;-p
  • [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Great news. It cost me £92 to fill up the other day. Grrrrrr
    You can afford it Dan! ;-p

Not the way Mrs "lead foot" CD drives I cant ;)
  • I know the feeling - trying to educate Mrs FB about that is proving a little difficult too!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Always go to Supermarket for Petrol normally at least 7p or 8p cheaper a litre for Super unleaded than the normal Ripoff crew of Shell, Esso, Texaco, Jet etc etc

I`m of the same opinion, but the strange thing is that the SHELL garage across the road from the "Ship" pub on woolwich common remained cheaper than Sainsburys and asda up until now, whats happened now if the prices have started to lower I`m not sure.
  • [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Great news. It cost me £92 to fill up the other day. Grrrrrr

Dont fill up CharltonDan - only have half a tank at max - More fuel efficient
    You use extra fuel just lugging around the weight of that additional half a tank of fuel.
  • [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Great news. It cost me £92 to fill up the other day. Grrrrrr

Dont fill up CharltonDan - only have half a tank at max - More fuel efficient
    You use extra fuel just lugging around the weight of that additional half a tank of fuel.

Good point mate! Hadnt thought of that...D'oh!!

Thanks
  • 92 QUID!?!?!

What do you a drive? A tank?
  • A 70 ltr tank mate ;)
  • 15 gallons of fuel weighs a fair amount.
    I was once told an average car burns 1/6 of its fuel carry fuel and excess baggage. Dont know for sure if this figure is correct but there is logic to it.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcpolo[/cite]92 QUID!?!?!

What do you a drive? A tank?

Needs it for the nappies!