Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Top 5 songs of ...Depeche Mode

edited July 2008 in General Charlton
1. Personal Jesus
2. Never Let Me Down Again
3. Enjoy The Silence
4. Shake The Disease
5. Somebody

Comments

• Ice Machine
    World In My Eyes
    Enjoy The Silence
    A Photograph Of You
    Stripped

Depeche Mode Fact: They have had more UK hit singles than any artist who hasn't had a number 1.
  • 1. When The Body Speaks
    2. Useless
    3. One Caress
    4. I Want You Now
    5. It's No Good

Extremely difficult to choose. Depeche Mode have got to be amongst the top outstanding bands of the past three decades. There's a Charlton fan I know who's the biggest fan: if they play two consecutive nights at Wembley for example he goes to both and then another elsewhere. If he's reading this he knows I'm talking about him. He should have the final word on this vote.
  • Depeche Mode Fact: The most underated and one of the most influencial English bands in modern times. Another top 5:

1. Clean
    2. Policy of Truth
    3. Behind the Wheel
    4. To Have and to Hold
    5. Nothing's impossible
  • Little 15
    Black Celebration
    World Full of Nothing
    I want you now
    Halo
  • Can I Have Another Go:

Dreaming Of Me
    New Life
    Just Can't get enough
    Blasphemous Rumours
    Fly On The Windscreen
  • i feel you
    enjoy the silence
    condemnation
    world in my eyes
    everything counts
  • Jimmy, I think I know who you are talking about.

What's wrong if someone wants to see a band more than once on a tour?

Some people like to see Charlton home and away each week, what's that all about?

TOP 5 B SIDE'S

1 - Somebody
    2 - Ice machine
    3 - Now this is fun
    4 - Sea of sin
    5 - Shout

TOP 5 ALBUM TRACKS

1 - Stories of Old
    2 - Waiting for the night
    3 - Freestate
    4 - I am You
    5 - Nothing's impossible

TOP 5 SINGLES

1 - Only when I lose myself
    2 - Shake the disease
    3 - Home
    4 - I feel loved
    5 - Dreaming of me

TOP 5 LIVE TRACKS

1 - Never let me down again
    2 - A question of time
    3 - Everything Counts
    4 - Somebody
    5 - Personal Jesus

TOP 5 ALBUMS

1 - Ultra
    2 - Music for the masses
    3 - Violater
    4 - Playing the angel
    5 - Songs of faith & devotion

Depeche Mode have always been massively under appreciated in the UK.

Outside the UK, they seem to get the respect they deserve, especially in Germany and the US.
  • Too difficult to choose five, so I'm going to have to do ten instead

1 - Enjoy The Silence - best song ever, by any band. Fact.
    2 - Home
    3 - Never Let Me Down
    4 - Personal Jesus
    5 - Everything Counts
    6 - Waiting For The Night
    7 - World In My Eyes
    8 - Walking In My Shoes
    9 - Halo
    10 - Condemnation
  • [cite]Posted By: Calcio Addick[/cite]Jimmy, I think I know who you are talking about.

What's wrong if someone wants to see a band more than once on a tour?

Some people like to see Charlton home and away each week, what's that all about?

Did I say that there was anything 'wrong' with it?
  • See You
    Personal Jesus
    Everything Counts
    New Life
    Just Can't Get Enough
  • Sponsored links:

• Never had you down a synth type Mr Algarve! For me -

1. Clean
    2. A Question of Time
    3. Never Let Me Down Again
    4. Walking in My Shoes
    5. Barrel of a Gun.

But let's face it, there are loads more of their's too!
  • [cite]Posted By: Rock Spectacle[/cite]Never had you down a synth type Mr Algarve! For me -

1. Clean
    2. A Question of Time
    3. Never Let Me Down Again
    4. Walking in My Shoes
    5. Barrel of a Gun.

But let's face it, there are loads more of their's too!

My taste in music is very broad Ian, despite appearances...
  • " There's a Charlton fan I know who's the biggest fan: if they play two consecutive nights at Wembley for example he goes to both and then another elsewhere. If he's reading this he knows I'm talking about him. He should have the final word on this vote"

Having had to endure hours of motorway journeys with said supporter & having had to endure listening to all sorts of music from both DM as a group and as solo performers, my top 5 would be

1) I feel you
    2) personal Jesus
    3) dirty sticky floors

'nuff said. Rubbish Band.
  • [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]"

Having had to endure hours of motorway journeys with said supporter & having had to endure listening to all sorts of music from both DM as a group and as solo performers, my top 5 would be

1) I feel you
    2) personal Jesus
    3) dirty sticky floors

'nuff said. Rubbish Band.

Blimey praise indeed from golfaddick. I'm surprised you could even name 3 songs!

Anyway listening to DM while travelling up the M1 means less time for you to rant about Curbishley -Still.

I'm waiting for you to post your top 5 songs from the 60's & 70's that only ever get played on Radio 2.
  • [cite]Posted By: Rock Spectacle[/cite]Never had you down a synth type Mr Algarve!

That's the great thing about the Mode, it's not all synth stuff. A lot (most?) of their later stuff is guitar based. They are one of the few 80s electro bands that developed into anything else. Also their use of sampling is second to none.

That said, I notice that all of Algarve's choices were the early synth based stuff.
  • Anyone heard there new stuff Wrong ain't a bad track
  • [cite]Posted By: StubleyAddick[/cite]Anyone heard there new stuff Wrong ain't a bad track
    You reckon? I think its pants. Two decent tracks on the new album for me but most of them are pretty pony. They still haven't made a decent album since Ultra.
  • I had to suffer the new album on the journey to Pride Park last week........a few good songs("Wrong" and a couple towards the end of the album) but mostly the same old keyboard crap that went out i the early 90's.
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: StubleyAddick[/cite]Anyone heard there new stuff Wrong ain't a bad track
    You reckon? I think its pants. Two decent tracks on the new album for me but most of them are pretty pony. They still haven't made a decent album since Ultra.

I agree about the way the album only has a couple of decent tracks the rest is a bit long and boring for me.