Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Trumpton - Did it have a pub

Bored at work mind drifting....i can recall tTumpton had fire station....a windmill and shops i guess... but did it have a pub ? if id did what was it called ..bored on monday in whitechapel

Comments

• Blimey - you must be bored!

As far as I can remember there was no pub - kids programme after all!

I think there was a florist and I know there was a carpenter - and there was the man who repaired / adjusted the clock.

Can't remember anyone else though apart from the windmill / miller and fire station.

Although I'm sure there must have been!
  • Fantastic thread ........ just what you need on a Monday morning, while coffee kicks in and your head clears!

:o)
  • Everything you want to know about Trumpton:

http://www.t-web.co.uk/trumptmp.htm
  • modern version would have kebab shop in the windmill.....
  • I get mixed up between Trumpton/Camberwick Green and Chigley..
  • I'm afraid you are getting Trumpton mixed up with Camberwick Green. The Windmill was in CK, however Camberwick Green itself was in the county of Trumptonshire.
    I'm sure there was a pub but it just never got a mention. In fact I do recall a long lost episode when all the young squaddies from Pippin Fort got pissed in the Green Man pub on a Friday night and defaced the statue of Queen Victoria in the market square. It's on YouTube.
  • whats Chigley sounds like a brummie town....
  • Its making a come back. at the moment its having an Equality Evaluation.

Windy miller is out and the windmill will be an Art Gallery run by a gay art deeler called peter.

The fire crew cant be called Cuthbert ,Dible and Grub. Its Dorris,Osama and Fattama.
  • Chigley was the industrious part of the county. Had a large biscuit factory which employed a number of the locals. Also had a canal and a wharf.
    The local landowner was some toff who live in a stately home and had a passion for steam engines and a questionable relationship with his Butler. Apparently they were the inspiration for Whitehouse and Higson's Ted/Ralph.
  • Indeed - God knows what will happen to the tea dance at the end of Chigley, no doubt Bracket the Butler has a concerned look on his face right now!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Its making a come back. at the moment its having an Equality Evaluation.

Windy miller is out and the windmill will be an Art Gallery run by a gay art deeler called peter.

The fire crew cant be called Cuthbert ,Dible and Grub. Its Dorris,Osama and Fattama.

Funnily enough the bit about the fire service is too true for my liking!

Our nearest neighbours have a female Firefighter for about ten years and she is a great laugh joining in all the banter etc. Yet they now have another girlie who has not got the same outlook and the whole station is facing disciplinary action following her initiation! Compared to what some of us went through she got off lightly, with a slight dousing.
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32RLQRh3GgU

nuff said..
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32RLQRh3GgU

nuff said..

Great band, saw them a couple of times many years ago. Didn't know they were still going.
  • Really is nostalgia day on here. I've got to take a stroll to the bank in a minute and don't know whether to listen to The Cure of The Biscuits. Probably the latter as Mrs Spectacle is more tolerant to the former indoors!
  • Think you find Chigley is no rather run down with now with an economy based on drug dealing with lots of cheapp jewelry shops frequented by teenager pram pushers.... with a high quota of european imports living in the rouger parts of town.....and the land owner died handing the factory to his son Nigel who spun*ed it all away on wine women and song.....
  • That's a shame but it's happening everywhere in this country these days.....
  • [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]That's a shame but it's happening everywhere in this country these days.....

Not everywhere.

The Trumptonshire Development Board have turned the county into a major IT and High tech manufacturing centre since the election of Mrs Honeyman as mayor.

The canal and the new Camblewich Green by-pass have bought in new investment and jobs and stop the traffic congestion leading a huge increase in tourism.

The biscuit factory was sold to a US company and now produces 4 times as many ye olde Englishee Coookies for the north American market.

There was a down turn when the Army left but the barracks is now a very fashionable health farm for recovering celebs.
  • Windy Miller got mugged by some Chavs outside the Kebab house...
  • and he got arrested for giving the chavs a slap........poor bloke...after the windmill went bust he hit the bottle.....shame nice bloke........
  • Can be seen most days drunk outside the florists, wearing soiled trousers...
  • Sponsored links:

• New story line is the post office wil be closed and turned into a vegan resturant.

Windy Miller wears a smock, he was told he had to wear a frock and left the show.