Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Personal Statement

I would just like to say that I am totally and utterly pissed off with so called "Summers" in this country.
Have we had more than 3 decent days weather in a row at any one time yet this year? I don't think so.
Easy to blame Gordon Brown, and I do by the way.
We just have dreary summers with the odd scorcher every 5 or 6 years. 2006 was glorious, but since then pants.
It seems to me that summer is now your two weeks in the Med etc if you are lucky enough to be able to get away.
I don't care what you say, they were better when I was a kid - Good Lord! I am beginning to sound like my dear old Nan!

Comments

• Options
    I agree, and blame the current youth violence levels on weather frustration.

When i was a teen, you would break up from school and for six weeks it would be glorious sunshine from 5am to 11 o clock at night. Not a drop of rain for six weeks.
  • Options
    Sort it out Pards
  • Options
    Livingston !! i tell u he paid for 3 years run up front.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    We're supposedly heading for the hottest summer on record in Scotland. It's lovely up here, honest!

(But I don't give Alex Salmond the credit, by the way.)
  • Options
    Just another thing we English paid for.
  • Options
    Cheer up Chirpy they seem to think we are gonna get this sort of weather till late August then a really hot September ! Here's hoping it drags into October too !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Just another thing we English paid for.

Yes, thanks v much, but can we have our oil back now, please ;-)
  • Options
    I'm off to Kos in Spot 26 days. It's 90 odd degrees there and not a cloud in the sky. Lovely!
  • Options
    Off topic guess AFKA will be in here soon kicking shins BUT BUT yep u can have the rigs back after the Jocks and the Jocks only pay for the exploration costs, the cost of the rigs and the cost of the production, the cost of the set up ofthe terminals and the pipe lines and the ongoing exploration costs and the cost to install horizontal drilling. Plus the back tax to the English of the set up of your assemby--- the back tax on prescription drugs.

Plus the huge cost of listening to men in skirts moan about the English every day.
  • Options
    Here are some Summers which have been worth it

1. Johnny - what a player for our club and a massively untimely death
    2. Donna - "love to love you baby"

oh and '76 wasn't bad - a bit too dry though!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Off topic guess AFKA will be in here soon kicking shins BUT BUT yep u can have the rigs back after the Jocks and the Jocks only pay for the exploration costs, the cost of the rigs and the cost of the production, the cost of the set up ofthe terminals and the pipe lines and the ongoing exploration costs and the cost to install horizontal drilling. Plus the back tax to the English of the set up of your assemby--- the back tax on prescription drugs.

Plus the huge cost of listening to men in skirts moan about the English every day.

WHY??????
  • Options
    What about the Summer of 69?
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    1976 !!!! hot hot hot hot no global warming about then either. 10 million ladybirds. Kent Vs Essex at dartford--- sun burn----- great stuff.

British summers used to be very ify for many years then sometime 1980s (?) we started to get wrmer summers. Last year was worst i can remember for along time. Year before wes when all the records were broken i think. Maybe its a return to the UKs traditional climate ?

My hols as great as they were seem along time past in April !
  • Options
    Stanmore why wot ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]1976 !!!! hot hot hot hot

I got the most ludicrous sunburn at Bickley lido that year- was sooooooo hot. Great summer- i owed a great deal to Calamine lotion that year..
  • Options
    did u use an ocean of calamine lotion ?

Merton Parkers wonder where they r now.
  • Options
    To give him his dew, we always had scorchers of summers when Curbs was in charge, which is because he was always prepared to give some English summer an opportunity …. the great one from Devon in 2003 is a shining example. Sure, we might have had to endure the odd shower of rubbish, but Curbs could handle the pressure and staying in the Premier League was a breeze in those days.

Pards has got some front, but he has to be to blame for the depression we now have because he shows no faith in English summers, any opportunities are quickly condensed. He always seeks the refuge of a foreign summer, like this Spanish one they are giving a really good run now. This is hardly creating the atmosphere needed to storm the league, indeed I feel our chances evaporating away.

There's no drought of talent, but Pards' attitude is killing our potential to shine and the clouds won't lift until it has been blown away.
  • Options
    And...It don't snow in winter anymore
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]And...It don't snow in winter anymore
    It's going to be a long season.
  • Options
    I heard summer was on a wednesday this year, I was ill and missed it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Just another thing we English paid for.

Yes, thanks v much, but can we have our oil back now, please ;-)

Your oil?

I'd like to have seen your lot try extracting it armed only with a blue painted face, a deep-fried Mars bar and your benefit giro's!!!
  • Options
    "Merton Parkers wonder where they r now."

I used to see Mick Talbot (who was also in The Style Council) at Charlton home games.