Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Poll: Should Dwain Chambers be allowed to compete ?

13»

Comments

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]In answer to the original question: No he shouldnt.
    people say his ban has expired but it has not.
    There are in effect 2 bans in place here that he knew about before cheating.
    1 - the UK athletics who had a 2 year ban.
    2 - The British Olympic Assoc who have a life ban.

I fail to see how the life ban has expired.

He may also be clean now, but I bet those muscles are still the result of taking the drugs initially.
    Anyway, not as if he can run sub 10 secs - the people he competes against do it for fun.[/quote]
    Fair enough, so he should be allowed to compete in everything bar the Olympics?
  • Options
    Yes for me he paid the price and now should be allowed to compete
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]In answer to the original question: No he shouldnt.
    people say his ban has expired but it has not.
    There are in effect 2 bans in place here that he knew about before cheating.
    1 - the UK athletics who had a 2 year ban.
    2 - The British Olympic Assoc who have a life ban.

I fail to see how the life ban has expired.

He may also be clean now, but I bet those muscles are still the result of taking the drugs initially.
    Anyway, not as if he can run sub 10 secs - the people he competes against do it for fun.
    Fair enough, so he should be allowed to compete in everything bar the Olympics?

Personally I would have a one strike and you are out rule.
    As it stands it's a 2 year ban - so entitled to run even if not morally fit to do so.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]Erm he ran in the World Championship which just might not be the Olympics????????

Yes. With the huge ammount of cheats out there getting away with it for years with tacit help from their governing bodies, I'd just feel you should get a second chance. Personally I think atheletes should get a second chance if they admit and fully whistleblow all details of their cheating. Let's face it Chambers was a lot more forthright than Marion Jones and most of the US atheletes.

But the thread started last year before the olympics.