Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Woeful performance today..

absolutely shocking. Our midfield four might just as well have stayed in the dressing room for all the impact they had. Reid (worst game I have ever seen him play), Holland (just off the pace and outfought by everybody), Thomas (dreadful, should have been substituted far earlier) and Romm (left Luke Young so exposed time after time by never bothering to track back that Marcus Bent had to take over at times as our last defender). Ambrose and Lloyd Sam improved things slightly when they came on but the Reading midfield was just so dominant that they found the game very easy. Sidwell was superb and picked up every loose ball and controlled large spells of the game. Why oh why did we not make more of an effort to sign him a couple of seasons ago, like so many of us were pleading with the team to do.

Today was easily our worst performance of the season. I know we were missing Diawara & Faye but I am now struggling to see us winning another game all season, and I am including the Cup game against Wycombe in that forecast. We just have absolutely no spark at all, nobody who can change a game with a moment of magic, nobody who can boost the team with a sublime touch or tackle.

I do not want to be too pessimistic but I was ashamed of our team today and I can't remember ever saying that before in 30+ years of supporting Charlton. Our team is shockingly weak and I suppose for that alone Dowie should have gone. How can you spend £12m and have so little class in the team?

I wish Les well but I honestly cannot see us getting out of it now.

Comments

• I wrote this before I read your thread AFKA. Looks like we agree on just about everything. You are angry and I am just totally embarrassed.

My Charlton MOTM is going to be Lloyd Sam for a couple of nice touches in the two minutes he was actually on the pitch. That says it all about how appalling the rest of them were.

I can see the clear-out starting soon now, with better prices being realised now for some of our players than if we are forced to sell them at the end of the season. We should get rid of all the high wage earners, fill the team with kids and just get ready for the Championship. I know that sounds ridiculous but I am feeling so down tonight that this is what I would do if I had a chance. I'd get rid of the bloody lot of them!!
  • if Reed does anything with that lot he is a miracle worker. If we go down, and we'll be down by Christmas if that is repeated, it won't be the fault of a chairman, or a board, or various managers or coaches, it will be down to a squad of players who are no worse than 5 other clubs, but don't want it as much as them.
  • the manager has to get the players to perform to their maximum.... if he's not up to it he must go!!!
  • crap.

a manager can wax lyrical as much as he likes, once that whistle goes its down to an individual to perform. They're paid f ucking thousands to do a job others would die for, yet don't give a shit.

Blame as many managers as you like, we could have a different one every week, if the player doesn't care, if its just a job, then you have no chance.
  • i'm going becuse i'm just going to argue with people.
  • i did make the point when reed got the job that the players weren't behind him...... today's performance unfortunately showed that...we were never that heartless under dowie
  • one thing I don't understand is that why was Reed given the job so quickly? surely a few games as caretaker manager would have made more sense and then taken it from there.
  • The Players were awful today but we did miss the senegalese two. With them we would have been stronger. Reed was more positive thanDowie would have been but the result is the same.
  • Christ knows why but i've just watched it on Football First. I can't believe it.
    Gary Birtles seemed genuinely shocked in his co-commentary.
    El Karkouri should never wear the shirt again judging by what I just saw.
    Fucking hell, this is bad.
  • Just concluded Football first too.
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought I was watching one of them dodgy horror channels at one point.

I pity those that went. I was really in two minds whether to go or not. At least I did something useful like spending some quality time with my son rather than going to Reading and ending up drowning my sorrows afterwards. This season is not good for my liver.