Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If you could not get a ticket.....

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
thank your lucky stars.

You will not get one positive out of anyone there today.

That was the most dispirited, lacklustre performance i have ever seen from a Charlton team. Most of those wearing the shirt today should feel ashamed of themselves.

Repeat that performance again and we have absolutely no chance.

I'm absolutely speechless, and angry as well.

Comments

• Options
    oh well... least i didn't waste £80 on seeing another gutless away defeat

next stop - sheffield united, where 3 points isn't a must - it's life or death
  • Options
    Well it seems you parked in a better place than me AFKA. Despite leaving on 85 minutes we didn't get on the M4 until nearly 6 o'clock !!!

Darren Bent looked totally disinterested today which was a big worry for me. Marcus confirmed he is complete Cack
    If Les Reed, or anyone, EVER dares play Rommedaal AND Thomas in a 4-4-2 they should be shot.

I need some beer.
  • Options
    Afka

I totally agree with your comments. The players that wore the Red Shirt today were a disgrace. They were second (if not third) best to every ball. They couldn't string two passes together and, worst of all, didn't look like they cared. There was no passion, no belief and not one ounce of creativity or fight.

I was very surprised by the selection. We were playing Reading today. They are a well organised team who fight for everythng but are not known for their footballing flair. Our midfield comprised Thomas, Romm, Reid and Holland. I would say that only Holland could arguably be labelled a tackler. Now, I accept one good question is who else? But Thomas and Romm in the same team with just Holland and Reid in the middle? We were totally overrun in the middle of the park. It was that bad I even wanted Hughes to come on!
  • Options
    I feel so low.

The question is, does this player apathy signal discontent with the sacking of Dowie and the appointment of Reed and Robson? Will they continue to "play" like they don't care? Can we read anything into their body language and lack of perfomance on the pitch.

In some ways, the team selection was influenced by the fact that Diawara and Faye were out, but it was clear, as you point out Oscar, that we would be over-run by playing that midfield. Should have went 4-5-1 with Kish, kept it tight then brought on JFH towards the end to knick it.
  • Options
    kishishev and jfh were both missing through muscle injuries today so reed's hand was forced

would've been interesting to see if he would have gone 4-5-1 if faye and kish had've been available
  • Options
    Didn't know Kish & JFH were out too.

Can Walton be called back before January? And how bad is Pouso to be overlooked by that shower of shite out there today?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]The question is, does this player apathy signal discontent with the sacking of Dowie and the appointment of Reed and Robson? Will they continue to "play" like they don't care? Can we read anything into their body language and lack of perfomance on the pitch.

In some ways, the team selection was influenced by the fact that Diawara and Faye were out, but it was clear, as you point out Oscar, that we would be over-run by playing that midfield. Should have went 4-5-1 with Kish, kept it tight then brought on JFH towards the end to knick it.

Our midfield was cack today- and a very good point made Oscar about the lack of tacklers today.

Loookout- not sure about apathy- there were noticeable arguments going on between Charlton players- This at least show they care, after the second goal went in- yup their heads went down.

We need real team building and, dare i say it, a captain who leads- and sorry Luke isn't doing it at the mo. Rhom should have had the severest bollocking for not even trying to get anywhere near the guy who crossed the ball for their first.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]Didn't know Kish & JFH were out too.

Can Walton be called back before January? And how bad is Pouso to be overlooked by that shower of shite out there today?

Good points.

1/ Get Walton back if we can.

2/ wtf is going on with Pouso- last thing i heard he was "struggling to come to terms with the pace of the premiership"
  • Options
    if pouso is struggling and not good enough to cover that garbage then send him back to uruguay and get him off the wage bill so we can bring a replacement loan in in the window

walton will be back soon, and judging by his performances for ipswich he will waltz straight into our midfield and would smash the shite out of holland and hughes
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Apparently Pouso is struggling to come to terms with the pace of reserve team football, yet alone the Premiership.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]I feel so low.

The question is, does this player apathy signal discontent with the sacking of Dowie and the appointment of Reed and Robson? Will they continue to "play" like they don't care? Can we read anything into their body language and lack of perfomance on the pitch.

I couldn't give a shit.

That lot we're a disgrace to their profession, let alone the Charlton shirt. Apparently Brownie said it on the radio, players like himself, Rufus, Kins, Robbo just simply wouldn't of allowed today's performance to happen. And he's 100% right.

Its nothing to do with ability, its about desire and bollocks, and there was precious little of that on display. This is simply not a Charlton team.

Those who were there, am i going over the top ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]I feel so low.

I couldn't give a shit.

That lot we're a disgrace to their profession, let alone the Charlton shirt. Apparently Brownie said it on the radio, players like himself, Rufus, Kins, Robbo just simply wouldn't of allowed today's performance to happen. And he's 100% right.

Its nothing to do with ability, its about desire and bollocks, and there was precious little of that on display. This is simply not a Charlton team.

There was more passion in the queue for the pies.

And more effort in the struggle to get through the bloody turnstyles.
  • Options
    Bart mate, i was ruined all game, but not ruined enough to say foooook yeah i agree fully. Today we were shoiyte, no guts, no heart no nothing
  • Options
    dispirited , disjointed , disinterested......wasn't there but on the radio they said we were lucky to only lose by 2....sounds like the players hardly bust a gut for mr.reed..... unfortunately we're gonna be relegated unless a miracle happens...bring back dowie!!!
  • Options
    Yup - we were "lucky" not to lose by more- a world class save from Carson helped that.

But- "bring back Dowie" Bollacks- On the pitch were too many players who were disinterested.

Carson- has a point to prove to Liverpool 8.5/10
    Young - Poor 5/10
    Fortune- Ok 6/10
    El Kak - Great tackle ( you know what i mean!) 8/10
    HH- Showed some passion 6/10
    Reid- ???????????????? 6/10
    Thomas- a couple of crosses- thats all 4.5/10
    Holland- Had pride, if not the legs 7/10
    Rhom- (I give up) 3/10
    Big Bent- goaline clearance i was told. Nothing else 3.5/10
    Baby Bent- No Support and dreaming of pastures new? 6/10

If i hadn't got my rose tinted glasses on i'd take 2 off each player, but still cant do that.

Off now to put the fire out with any form of Alcohol i can find!
  • Options
    do we just have a full team of prima donnas?
  • Options
    Can Walton be called back before January?

No, until January he's an Ipswich player.
  • Options
    Right I need to vent this..

The 11 who started (and I include Scott Carson in this) were a fucking shambles, and a disgrace to the shirt, Reed can do sweet fuck all, and if people that Dowie hollering from the sidelines would have made a difference, then there on drugs.

The players gave up, cause none of the midfield were interested in trying to win the battles with Sidwell and Harper, and that narked me off, Harper is a ordinary player made to look good, and if the midfield won't get the ball no one else will, and the rest of them gave up the ghost.

We need a Kish out there today, someone who wasn't going to give up, we needed a Faye, someone who's not afaird of a tackle, we needed Diawara who would have been the defensive rock that Reading had with Sonko.

I really feel for Les, hopefully he can get it turned round, that Faye and Diawara are back for the battle against Everton, and we can get under proformers like HH out of the side, who are in a comfort zone.
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I understand Rampton Hospital is planning to build an extra high-security wing to house 70 patients. I think they should stick most of the Charlton team (and sign some the inmates - who can surely play a lot better than the squad we have at the moment) to rot there along with quite a few members of the board - especially Murray and Varney. Actually I am slightly tempted to report the club to trading standards - they call themselves a football club yet they play no football.
  • Options
    Yeah, cause Murray and Varney don't care about the club, do behave will you?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not being too harsh AFKA, absolute shambles.

Weakest most lightweight midfield we have ever put out, neither Holland or Reid have the legs for the prem, cant think why Reed didnt suss that.

Would have been tempted to put El Kak in midield and play Ashton at left back after about 15 mins and taken Big Bent off who shouldnt ever play for our club again in my opinion.

Darren Bent needs to start doing more as well, needs to realise it isnt gonna be laid on a plate for him.

The realisation that we really are gonna be relegated kicked in yesterday.
  • Options
    A complete disgrace. I've never felt so low after watching Charlton. Well, I might have on a couple of occasions, but this one really hurt. Just when I felt we were about to turn the corner with our performance and then they go and perform like that....shocked, stunned, and gutted.

Fizzy pop league, here we come.
  • Options
    I have not missed a game for some time now!Reading away was a total disgrace!when m bent went off and just showed what a mug he is by going straight to the dressing room!get rid of the idiot!
  • Options
    Nice to meet a few of the posters off here.

Awful display, no one can defend the players at all and thats a fact.

Secondly our support - was absolutely diabolical. This is why I am glad we rarely sell out. Just pockets of 4's/5's dotted around singing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]

Spot on. And I hope the wankers in red shirts yesterday aren't allowed to forget it.

Maybe yesterday is the low point we needed from which to bounce back from.
  • Options
    we need a no nonsense manager whos has players respect,les reed would have problems getting a under five girls team respect.