Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

calais day trip

edited July 2008 in Not Sports Related
anyone done this on a budget, just wanted to know how cheaply it can be done, am I right in thinking there's pleny of shops there?

Cheers

R

Comments

• Options
    £1 return as a foot passenger....
  • Options
    any details pls?

:)
  • Options
    Sorry, no!
    i've seen the deal in a Dover Newspaper when i was visiting someone down there..

nothing on the websites
    P & O

Seafrance
  • Options
    ta
  • Options
    I went on a £1 foot passenger deal a few years ago BUT I couldn't get off the ferry and had to buy all my duty free on the boat. Which meant that I couldn't carry very much.
  • Options
    actually - come to think of it, if you're going to buy a load of Booze, Majestic will pay for your ferry...

Majestic
  • Options
    Norfolk Line do £69 return for up to 4 in a car, dover to dunkerque though, so a few miles to then drive to calais' shops
  • Options
    Loads of shops over there the tunnel is easy but dearer than the boat, all the shops like city of Europe or Europe city are like 5 minutes drive along the worng side of the road away from the port.
  • Options
    There's a shuttle bus that runs between the ferry and the town centre, beware of the slippery thieving French drivers giving us Brits Turkish coins (that look for all the world like Euros) as change, they've been doing it for years and just seem to be able to get away with with it, such is the abject apathy of the local authorities re this on going con.
  • Options
    Dunkirk has lots of shops too and is a short drive to Bruges and diesel is cheap in France.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Go on the pride of kent with P&O nice bar £20 foot passenger probably deals for day return but always do over night.

Drinks wise not that much cheaper in Calais town centre now with a pint around the 4 Euro mark. Not as cheap as once was.