Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Luton Town

2»

Comments

• Options
    Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd bump this one to congratulate the Hatters on finally getting back to the Football League after 5 years.

I never thought it would take this long for them to do it and also underlines the need for us to stay in the Championship.Luton prove it can be a long way back and even though their attendances and resources dwarfed even the other ex league teams at that level.

Luton are far too big for the Conference and I predict they will certainly be back in League One within 2 or 3 years and have a greater potential than the likes of MK Dons and Stevenage to make an impact at that level and possibly go higher.
  • Options
    I'm sad to see them go up but 5 years playing teams like Barrow was a far better run than I thought. Scummy town, scummy fans.
  • Options
    They are the only league side on my county and I still hate them and their horrible Town/Ground .
    Sadly they will probably go up again next year.
  • Options
    2,000 of them will be at Welling on Saturday.
  • Options
    large crowds, good players and a crafty old manager (I wish he was managing us) .. watch them go straight through the 2nd division next season .. the Hatters are on the rise again .. drawbacks ? .. umpteen TV reruns of a Hush Puppied David Pleat skipping over the turf and endless chat to come from Pleat and Nick Owen
  • Options
    expect a big crowd sat at Welling, I see the KO has been moved to lunchtime
  • Options
    Great news, well done the Hatters!
  • Options

They've given them as much of the ground as they can, 2,000 tickets, which I believe have been sold. From a financial point of view, I think they'd have been happy to give them 3 sides of the ground.
  • Options
    suspect they've got the 'road' end of the ground and the new stand side
  • Options

suspect they've got the 'road' end of the ground and the new stand side

They have indeed. Home tickets are available on the day but fans have to show proof of address. Can't see this being strictly enforced though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

They've given them as much of the ground as they can, 2,000 tickets, which I believe have been sold. From a financial point of view, I think they'd have been happy to give them 3 sides of the ground.
    Could've put all the Welling fans in the main stand and sold em 3,000 terracing tickets, but the Police wouldn't allow it.

They have stuck em in the road end and down the side to get them out of the ground asap.

I like John Still, proper football man, but cannot stand Luton as a club.
  • Options
    Well done to Luton, their fans have certainly suffered over the last few years

A horrible away end though!

It looks like Torquay are doomed, the 2nd relegation place is wide open
  • Options
    Hope they go straight back down. Hate the place hate the club
  • Options

Well done to Luton, their fans have certainly suffered over the last few years

A horrible away end though!

It looks like Torquay are doomed, the 2nd relegation place is wide open

Years ago that away end was the home end, the away end was the large terrace behind the other goal.