Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

gills latest initiative.

you know what they say..............imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

now where the hell did they get that idea from?

(sorry if it's been posted before, but found nowt using search facility)

Comments

• I wonder if they'll use any collection points near SE7?
  • I see that they've signed Mark McCammon - doesn't mention that he used to play for us.
  • "Soccer"????
  • Be interesting to see how much they charge... Scally doesnt do things that won't line his pockets
  • Are we at home same day's as them? Airman brown should arrange to pick 'em up first so they can watch some decent football.
  • I have to pass their stadium each day to work as well as going up to matches and I hate it when they are travelling as well.
  • they will have trouble filling a taxi
  • It will be interesting to see whether this happens and on what scale.

We are very unusual for a club of our size because we have relatively high concentrations of support 70 miles from the ground. Driving around Kent I see very little evidence of support for Gillingham once you get out of the Medway Towns, but perhaps they will prove otherwise.
  • [cite]Posted By: Crazy[/cite]when they are travelling as well.

them gills are always traveling tho aint they!! do you like dags
  • Oh Dear poor Gillingham not sure they'll be much demand think they may fill a coach though perhaps we can give scally the number of DJ Coaches we used for our Charltonlife trip to Ipswich :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Seems a great idea why haven't we done this........... ;-)

"The Club have to generate sufficient numbers to make this service financially viable"

So lookS like it wont happen then?
  • Is it only me that gets the impression it will be more like a Renault Scenic that's been painted blue?

That Scally fella makes me laugh - not just by the way he looks but by his actions.

Derek Hales was absolutely scathing about him when we were chatting about the Gills last monght - reckons Gills will go out of business this year as they owe so much to the council
  • Question.
    Is the lady-friend of the gillingham chairman known as a 'scallywag' ?
  • 'Gills will go out of business this year as they owe so much to the council'

... as well as to HBOS (they are servicing a debt of at least £10 mil), to ex-players still due compensation, to builders who constructed the new stand (over 7 years ago!) still not in receipt of post-dated cheques. I could go on...

The fact is, Scally personifies one of those spivs from the Ealing comedies- a barrow-boy with a ghetto-blaster for a gob, and who will try at nothing to sell you a second-hand photocopier. He has very little business acumen, and at least 2 of his previous business ventures went to the wall. And yet they still psycophantically defend him as their 'saviour' at every given opportunity!

And having eschewed our very successful methods so publicly and so malevolently in the past, he chooses to retract and embrace them- in fact, plagiarise them! That and the 'manager's pledge' I see in last week's Kent Messenger!
  • "The Club have to generate sufficient numbers to make this service financially viable"

Noting at that club is financially viable- imagine, if you will, a person that then decided to borrow £50,000 on loans and credit cards to buy luxuries (like a BMW and round-the-world holiday) he/she could not afford, and with no interest of paying the credit back? With self-denial and delusions of grandeur to boot? Refuting the bank's demands for repayment as 'an example of poor customer service?' That- from my humble standpoint- epitomises how badly Jillingham are currently run.

And did I mention that they had a ticket-fiasco a few seasons back because of an 'I.T problem'? They actually couldn't pay the electricity bill to E.D.F and so the leccy had been switched off!!