Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

GRANT BASEY

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
For those of you interested I predict big things of Grant Basey. A 17 year old left-back who is impressing anyone who see's him play. He has a great left foot and is big and powerful. He is the next first team left-back. Forget Ashton, forget Youga this boy is the dogs. Go to the ressies on Monday and watch him. I predict he can make the same impression as Micah Richards has at Man City. He was initially found by us as a seven/eight year old on one of the Summer Community courses. Could become the 'Charlton' type player we desperately seek. Wouldn't rule out a first team appearance this season. Plays off scratch at golf too !!

Comments

• Options
    Scratch Golfer, B*****d! Both My Passions, Football and Golf and he's Better at Both!I bet I can eat more than Him!
  • Options
    This is him here (correct me if I've got the wrong kid):
  • Options
    He is quality, my brother went same schcool as him. Says he is top class and best footballer he has played against and hes played at a high level.
  • Options
    Is he the Welsh lad thats played for the Welsh u21's? What with Basey and Bale they have a couple of special left backs coming through
  • Options
    i wouldn't go putting too much expectation on him to be honest.

I saw him play for the youths who got thrased by west ham, from the vague bits i remember he looked ok, but i think pace may prove a problem.

he is certainly no where near first team standard at present.
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    He's also a decent cricketer as well i played county cricket with him for a few years, a very sound lad but again you can't expect too much from him considering the number of players that have come through the ranks in the last couple of years. Yes that is him in the picture
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]This is him here (correct me if I've got the wrong kid):[div class=Attachments id=Attachments_17936 noWrap=false][ul compact=false][div noWrap=false]charlton29512news1.jpg[/div][/ul][/div]

That looks like Nicky Baxter to me.

He was pretty good too when I watched the Under 18's although Grant Basey was just frighteningly strong.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimbrannin[/cite]He's also a decent cricketer as well i played county cricket with him for a few years, a very sound lad but again you can't expect too much from him considering the number of players that have come through the ranks in the last couple of years. Yes that is him in the picture

Well, if you know him then I guess I'm wrong. He looks thinner in the picture. When I saw him in the flesh he looked huge for the under 18's