Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football in Brazil

Is utter utter madness, tried going to see Palmerias whilst I was in Sao Paulo last week, and it felt like going back to the way football was run in this country in the 80's.

Ticketing was a nightmare, to the point that we gave up trying to get a ticket 5 minutes before kick off, then it was reported on the news that people were still queueing in the 70th minute.

The firm called the Mancha Verde have their headquarters across the road from the ticket office, so that just adds to the problem.

But the atmosphere in the stadium sounded immense from outside, shame I didn't get in.

Did vist Sao Paulo ground, and that place is something else.

Comments

• Options
    Was your pooper flapping?...

Were you out of your manor?

etc etc
  • Options
    Have been to two games over there - in Sao Paulo and Rio - and it is certainly all a bit chaotic.

It's a great country, but the 2014 World Cup is certainly going to be a massive test of the infrastructure in terms of travel etc, and there is going to be some serious work needed to get stadiums up to scratch.
  • Options
    Off to Argentina in November and will be taking in an Independiente vs River Plate game

Weckon it's gonna go wight off
  • Options
    I went to a River Plate game when I was in Buenos Aires. Unbelievable and reminiscent of Rothko's experience. Certainly a throw back to the 80's. The game I saw was preceeded by a lot of trouble, which fortunately we missed, but 2 fans were killed and River subsequently had their ground shut for 5 games.

Make sure you wear the right colour when you go Vancouver.

I wrote this report on my blog at the time http://chicagoaddick.blogspot.com/2007/02/river-plate-1-0-lans.html
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]I went to a River Plate game when I was in Buenos Aires. Unbelievable and reminiscent of Rothko's experience. Certainly a throw back to the 80's. The game I saw was preceeded by a lot of trouble, which fortunately we missed, but 2 fans were killed and River subsequently had their ground shut for 5 games.

Make sure you wear the right colour when you go Vancouver.

I wrote this report on my blog at the timehttp://chicagoaddick.blogspot.com/2007/02/river-plate-1-0-lans.html

Thanks Chicago - Much appreciated

I'll be going with the missus and so the fixed seats will be a must and TBH with a bird in tow I might even go for a tour just to make her feel totally safe - she is Canadian after all ;0)
  • Options
    So Rothers . What are you displaying at the Tate in September?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]So Rothers . What are you displaying at the Tate in September?

His bike...
  • Options
    Nah - more like this

I could do that!
  • Options
    I'll be going, just waiting for the members private viewing stuff to come through
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Nah - more like this

I could do that!

I like Rothko (the Artist that is). Fantastic use of colour even if I'm put off by seeing prints of his stuff in every other PR and recruitment company I visit.

The scale of the originals gives them much more impact.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2008
    Offer on the membership card is still there if you want it for a visit
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Thanks, will defo have to borrow it off you.