Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone fancy a CAFC shirt for £250?

To be fair it was worn by a first team member...possible Peter Shirtliff as it's number 6. Shame about the horrid colour though...

http://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/Other-UK-Clubs-Championship-Charlton/c76_28_36/index.html

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2008
    some quality shirts on there.

Love the white away with black/red stripe across

250 for that shirt is a bit steep. Shirtliff wore 5 didn't he ?
  • Options
    5 or 6. Just trying to work out who it could be. Wore that grey one a few times during the 1988/89 season (I've still got the offical league review video for that season!) before realising it was rubbish and wearing that lemon yellow kit (Paul Mortimer's volley at Highbury). Some match worn shirts are going for more than £400
  • Options
    Bloody hell ive got a black sack in my wardbrobe with nearly all those shirts in, i should stick them on ebay if there still asking 20-30 quid a pop for them.
  • Options
    The Joma kits are still the best in my humble opinon.
  • Options
    adam - if you've got that white one I'll give you a score. :-)

depending on size of course
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Bloody hell ive got a black sack in my wardbrobe with nearly all those shirts in, i should stick them on ebay if there still asking 20-30 quid a pop for them.

If you've got any kids sizes M or L boys I'll find a good home for them Adam. Let me know.
  • Options
    Thanks for that Im now £76 lighter. I got the away shirt from 94-96 White with the red and black band Viglen, and the third kit from 97-98 Black red and white bands Viglen again.....I have to say I dont remember that one at all
  • Options
    Nice find.

I'm gonna try and flog them my Charlton 1979/80, long sleeve, game worn, number 8 top - The Bukta one with the diagonal CAFC instead of the current badge. It's only a Medium, so that might be a problem (They wore them a bit tighter back then..), but it's got to be worth an e-mail.

No doubt they'll try and take me on, but I'd probably get more than if I stuck it on e-bay.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Paddy Powell[/cite]Nice find.

I'm gonna try and flog them my Charlton 1979/80, long sleeve, game worn, number 8 top - The Bukta one with the diagonal CAFC instead of the current badge. It's only a Medium, so that might be a problem (They wore them a bit tighter back then..), but it's got to be worth an e-mail.

No doubt they'll try and take me on, but I'd probably get more than if I stuck it on e-bay.

Before you sell can you let the club have a word and see if they would want it for the club's collection of memorabilia.

Would be good to see stuff like that on display

customer.service@cafc.co.uk
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Bloody hell ive got a black sack in my wardbrobe with nearly all those shirts in, i should stick them on ebay if there still asking 20-30 quid a pop for them.

If you've got any kids sizes M or L boys I'll find a good home for them Adam. Let me know.

yeah let us know adam old chap
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2008

Before you sell can you let the club have a word and see if they would want it for the club's collection of memorabilia.

I will do that Henry. I've got some other things they might like including the pennant given to the Charlton captain before a friendly against Italy Under 21's in the 1960's. I've got pictures of that one. I'll post them in a minute.

The metal bar and string that would hold it to the wall have long gone, and the back has worn quite a bit, but the front is in good nick.

EDIT - pennant.jpg
  • Options
    Years back after Spurs had done us at The Valley we was having a Curry round the corner from a mates flat. His flat mate had been with us at the game and was a Yido. he gave us stick all nite. So my mate says in the middle of the curry "i need something from the flat "and pops off. Few mins later he comes back sits down and contiues eating his ruby. Then he saysto his Yido flat mate look out of the window. So we look out of the Curry house window and across the round you could see a small fire. My mate says to the Yido "its your new Spurs shirt , so shut the f**k up " !!!!!!! Funny as f**k the Yiddo leaps up and trys to put the fire out but is left with a tiny mess of a shirt.

was worth buying the twat a new one to see look on his face. He hasnt dared take the piss since.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Paddy Powell[/cite]

I will do that Henry. I've got some other things they might like including the pennant given to the Charlton captain before a friendly against Italy Under 21's in the 1960's. I've got pictures of that one. I'll post them in a minute.

The metal bar and string that would hold it to the wall have long gone, and the back has worn quite a bit, but the front is in good nick.

EDIT -pennant.jpg

What a good object to have. The club were terrible at looking after stuff like this in the past and a lot of it has no doubt gone for good.

At least now things like the FA Cup winners/play-offs winners medals are finding their way home. Maybe when we build the new stadium at Chatham* we can have a museum there.

*it's OK - that was a joke. About Chatham that is. Not the museum idea.
  • Options
    Very nice shirts but you can pick them up on Ebay a lot less

Anyone got the Bukta one for sale??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Spankie[/cite]To be fair it was worn by a first team member...possible Peter Shirtliff as it's number 6. Shame about the horrid colour though...

http://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/Other-UK-Clubs-Championship-Charlton/c76_28_36/index.html

Not many takers for this one though!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Izale-McLeod-Match-Worn-Signed-Charlton-Athletic-Shirt_W0QQitemZ360066338289QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item360066338289&_trkparms=72:12|39:1|65:12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I finally got around to taking some pics of that old Bukta top I posted about..

frontdoorbw2.jpgbackdooruk1.jpg
  • Options
    thast the one i want best shirt ever
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]thast the one i want best shirt ever

I'm selling that one.

It's been sat in my wardrobe for the best part of 25 years, and it's time to part with it.
  • Options
    It wont fit me but just love the sjirt not sur e if i have enough desposable cash what you looking to get for it ?
  • Options
    what size is it paddy?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How much are you looking for it PP ?
  • Options
    Answers to the questions..

Size = It's a medium adult (I've always been told it's an early Paul Walsh - He made his debut in late 1979/80, I believe) If it isn't Walsh, it's Martin Robinson. It's definitely a match worn top whoever it was..

Price = I've absolutely no idea at the moment. I'm open to offers.. ;o)
  • Options
    Right. I've had an actual offer from that online company in the first post of this thread, and it's over the £100 mark.

Is there any interest out there, or shall I get on and try and do a deal with them?

Let me know today if possible.

Thanks.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Paddy Powell[/cite]Right. I've had an actual offer from that online company in the first post of this thread, and it's over the £100 mark.

Is there any interest out there, or shall I get on and try and do a deal with them?

Let me know today if possible.

Thanks.

Like I said let the club have first offer. I Know money is money but give them a little while.
  • Options
    The number 6 shirt would've been worn by Colin Pates or Tommy Caton(RIP) that season, fact fans! ;-)
  • Options
    its very nice. id like to buy it but cant at the moment. skinto and wouldnt go over that. you should try and sell yourself as i be they would sell it for more than that.
  • Options

Like I said let the club have first offer. I Know money is money but give them a little while.

I only started getting in touch with people yesterday, and I have e-mailed the club at the address you gave me.

I will be patient!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]its very nice. id like to buy it but cant at the moment. skinto and wouldnt go over that. you should try and sell yourself as i be they would sell it for more than that.

They'll definitely make a decent profit, that's for sure.

I just don't have the means to get it out there to as many people as them. e-bay and other auction sites are crap for this sort of item.
  • Options

My e-mail to this address got bounced back?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Paddy Powell[/cite]

My e-mail to this address got bounced back?

its customerservices@cafc.co.uk